Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LincolnsiPod

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2009
macOS Catalina is also gaining an accessibility feature called Voice Control, which lets users control their Mac entirely with their voice. This is aimed at anyone who can't operate traditional input devices, and uses Siri speech recognition technology.​

Oh God help us all. o_O

I've only read that Siri was more natural sounding now, was here any indication at all that the voice recognition has improved in these new releases?

lunarworks

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Toronto, Canada
From what I can tell about this they've moved Siri's voice recognition onto the device. I don't know if it's just for voice control, or for Siri in general.

This is gigantic news, if true. Currently Siri requires an internet connection for voice recognition. Google made a big fuss about moving their voice recognition onto the device at I/O, so if Apple did as well it's strange that they didn't say anything.

!!!

macrumors 6502a
Aug 5, 2013
Is Siri really that bad anymore? If it's still bad, I guess that's the price you pay for privacy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.