Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davekro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
No. Calif.
I would appreciate hearing from someone who has had a similar problem and found a fix. I have done much searching/reading where many give 'try this' ideas (reboot, reset, etc) and OP's report back that those things did not fix the issues. My issue is when on wifi and in strong signal areas. Turned Siri off/on.

The only thing I did different in past few days was hooking a borrowed/erased 3G (not 3GS). to my iTunes. My wife lost her Iphone 4 and AT&T store told her she had to connect to iTunes to activate it. She did not have an iTunes account (or it was on an old laptop she never uses and did not know how to use iTunes). Could hooking this old device/iOS to my itunes create my voice issue?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
Connecting the other device would not have affected your voice services. It is possible that Apple has changed or discontinued iOS 5.0.X voice services.

davekro

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 31, 2011
No. Calif.
Connecting the other device would not have affected your voice services. It is possible that Apple has changed or discontinued iOS 5.0.X voice services.

Having experienced issues after an iOS upgrade, I try to avoid them if it ain't broke.

Anyone else running iOS 5.0.1 and did not lose voice services in the last week or so?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.