Voicemail reset when I switched plans?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by applefan289, Jan 6, 2012.

1. applefan289 macrumors 68000

Just yesterday I consolidated my iPhone account with at&t to my family's Family Plan with at&t. I noticed this morning that I had missed a call, and when I clicked "voice mail", it showed the default screen as if I had not set up a password/greeting. It was an important call, so I need to know if the voicemail worked during the time it had reset. Thanks.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

You can probably find out by calling voicemail. *89 I think. Just because it's not Visual Voicemail, doesn't mean the system behind it isn't working for you.

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

If you set up voicemail and don't see a message waiting for you, then it didn't take a message, sorry to say.

Whoever handled the consolidation of the account probably removed ad re-added your voicemail, causing the settings to reset. Whether it HAS to happen that way, I don't know, but they really should've at least warned you that it happened.

4. applefan289 thread starter macrumors 68000

I was sort of concerned when it asked me whether I wanted to use the default greeting or my own, which means it hadn't been set up.

So I'm assuming that they didn't leave a message because I don't see it on my visual voicemail.

----------

Right after I had set up the visual voicemail, I saw a message on there that I had saved a few weeks ago. So one thing I do know is that whatever was stored in there before was kept.

I just wanted to figure out if someone who called was not able to leave a message during the time I had not set up the voice mail on the iPhone.

5. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I get what you're saying. I'm just saying that I've seen that before where visual voicemail loses it's connection with the voicemail itself and seems as if you have to set it up all new again.

I've always solved it by calling *89 or whatever it is and then restarting the phone.