voided warrenty??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by YN89, Dec 8, 2011.

1. YN89 macrumors newbie

hey guys new to this site hope im posting in the right section just stumbled across it looking for a way to reboot my jailbroken iphone after i was silly enough to let the battry drain now its stuck in reboot my phone is a expensive paper weight :( anyways after searching google how to reboot it its too complicated download this copy/paste that soo anyways came across this site searched i found nothing relating me or just didnt use the search bar right? and soo im thinking of just going down to apple and telling them my phone is stuck on the apple screen FIX IT! lol and hope they dont realise my phone is jailbroken....think this will work or am i just kidding my self?? oh and thanks in advance and if it helps any i have a iphone 4 with the update before ios5 cheers!

2. ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

3. YN89 thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you for the quick reply.....how do i do that?? itunes doesnt rekegnize the phone its just on the blacked out charging symbol then the apple logo i done the whole press the home button routine thing till the sync with itunes poped up i clicked on itunes to reboot and update but like 75% in it gave me a 1310 error code or something soo ''( lol im lost i think...

4. ElysiumY2K, Dec 8, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2011

ElysiumY2K macrumors member

ElysiumY2K

5. YN89 thread starter macrumors newbie

yeah its jailbroken but i woudent know if its teatherd or untheatherd ill try both links thankyou

6. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

A jailbroken phone such as an iPhone 4 is tethered, which means that every time you reboot or shut off your phone, you need to start the program that jailbreaks your device on your computer in order to start up the phone with the jailbreak.

An untethered jailbreak doesn't require this (but it's only old 3GS and older that is untethered), so yours cannot be that way.

7. YN89 thread starter macrumors newbie

wow thankyou for the quick replies!!! well my friend came over one day and jailbroken my phone using just my phone ive been re-springing turning off and on my phone just as normal and not using my computer for anything soo its unteatherd right??

8. M Quick macrumors 6502

M Quick

Oh, i forgot to ask and also add important info hehe..

The info i posted is with iOS5+.

Then you probably have iOS4-something, right?

9. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Given that you don't know if the jailbreak is tethered or untethered, and don't know the basics such as how to put the phone in recovery mode mode, can I suggest that after you go to the apple store and lie to them, possibly committing warranty fraud that you and your buddies DONT jailbreak again til learning about your phone? :)
    Seriously though. iPhones aren't toys. You shouldn't be doing this jailbreak without knowing some basic things.

Best of luck, hope apple can fix it. (I'm sure they can).

10. nmork macrumors regular

Just take it to an Apple store, show them that it won't boot. Say you tried to restore it and it didn't work, and ask if they can try it. They should be able to restore the firmware for you without a problem :)

11. YN89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I'm heading off to the apple store tomorrow got caught up at work thanks for the help guys cheers

12. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Correct

Incorrect

The warranty was voided when you jailbroke the phone, regardless of what you say at the Apple store.

13. terraphantm macrumors 68040

There are untethered jailbreaks for the iPhone 4 for all versions upto 4.3.3

14. YN89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well guys I went into the apple store and told then girl working behind the counter my phone is stuffed and I not that good in computers electronics and stuff and some how made my phone stuck on reboot she just nodded and said she's gotta send it out and it'll come back in 4 working days....1 day later got a phone call to come in I got. New iPhone 4 all cleaned up and that my org phone was really beaten up and it's got the new ios5 on it happy days did I get away with murder or what!!! Lol

15. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

Congrats on your fraud!
    Ps, I saw your great post about me before mods deleted it, lol. Don't mind if i do!
    :D

PPS: don't jailbreak. It's too much for you.

16. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Can't believe not a single person here told you this. All you would of needed to do is 'just boot tethered' in Redsn0w and that would kick it out of recovery mode. Simple as that and would not of needed any law breaking techniques.

17. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

In This Thread: People with beat up iPhone's jealous that OP got a new(ish) phone.

To the OP: You obviously shouldn't be jailbreaking. You don't even know the basics. In the future, if you're going to be voiding the warranty of your $500+ device, make sure you have done thorough research beforehand.

18. labman macrumors 604

labman

people jump into jailbreaking without doing basic couple hours research. this is one example on why people should do at least a little homework on it 1st. ts got lucky but his phone could have easily been fixed. Also Apple could have easily recognized it was jailbroken and denied warranty. TS don't try jailbreaking again for a while.. Oh and there is no untethered jb for 5.0.1 I4 at the moment.

19. YN89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok I understand where you Guys are coming from but like I said in my org post my buddy just came over and said look at what i can do to your phone....I never knew about jail breaking and stuff soo yeah thanks for your support guys really appreciate it cheers