Voltage of AirPort Base Station (Dual Ethernet)?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zuurbekje, Apr 26, 2011.

1. zuurbekje macrumors newbie

I need to purchase a new AC adapter for my admittedly oldish AirPort Base Station (Dual Ethernet). Problem is, I don't know what voltage to feed to the bugger. The required voltage should be on the bottom side of the Base Station, but on mine the markings are no longer legible. (The device does have "markings" all over, though -- those of a rough life. :D)

I'd be very happy to hear from anyone still owning this Base Station, or someone in the know, what DC voltage this M8209LL/A needs. Thanks!

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

All AEBSs in recent memory have operated on 12 VDC, 1.8 A. So, you need a power converter that outputs that voltage and current.

3. zuurbekje, Apr 26, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2011

zuurbekje thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks Miles... But that's the thing: in front of me now, I have the AirPort Base Station that replaced it, the M8930LL/A (the original) AirPort Extreme Base Station. (UFO shaped, like my Dual Ethernet one.) This one is not as tormented, and says, 5.1 volts.

Of course you could say, try the adapter from that one—but I'd rather not. I am afraid that I might blow something up.

So again, any owner of an actual M8209/Dual Ethernet: your info would be very much appreciated.