Vote for Pedro!

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Has anyone seen Napoleon Dynamite? This low budget film is so pointless, but hilarious. Here is the link to the trailer:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/fox_searchlight/napoleon_dynamite.html

My favorite character is Pedro!! How about yours? Favorite part in the movie?

Heard the director Jar Hess recently graduated from Brigham Young University. "Sweet!"

I will conclude with: "Pedro offers you his protection"

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
you're a little late with this... hasn't it been on dvd for at least a few weeks now?

edit: i like the part where he says he caught the girl a delicious bass

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
gwuMACaddict said:
you're a little late with this... hasn't it been on dvd for at least a few weeks now?

edit: i like the part where he says he caught the girl a delicious bass

Yeah, it's been out for a while. Didn't know about it till my co-workers and boss were talking about it during group meeting. So I checked it out last Saturday.

tfaz1, you should have Pedro instead of Kip. Just kidding. It's cool! :cool:

strider42

macrumors 65816
Feb 1, 2002
after hearing so much about it for so long I finally saw it on DVD the other day.

I hated it. I laughed a couple of times, but most of the time I was just bored.

That said, I think the girl in it was cute and a good actress. I'd love to see her do some more films.

aricher

macrumors 68020
Feb 20, 2004
Chi-il
I have to agree - it was kind of boring and very pointless. I laughed a couple of times though. Some of the actors were OK - overall I'd have to say this film is even more overrated than Wes Anderson's postmodern hipster flicks.

dPratt

macrumors member
Aug 16, 2004
Knoxville, TN
I can appreciate dry humour, but dear God, I hated this movie. There were a couple of funny scenes, but overall it was so pointless and stupid... maybe had it only been about 20 minutes or so I'd feel differently. But to each their own, I know the movie has become somewhat of a cult classic for some... and this is definitely a love it or hate it movie.

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
"Come on apple2991, give me your tots!"

Ugh!!!

I am such a "Friggin idiot!" There was a wedding scene at the very...end of the movie (after the credits) where Kip got married and Napoleon was riding on a horse. Now I have to rent the movie again.

Yes, the movie was so...pointless and stupid--it was great! dPratt, I guess you're right, either you love it or hate it. My friends who saw it with me said that it was such a waste of his time. But I enjoyed it.

Mr. Durden

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2005
Colorado
Killing the cow

The scene where the old farmer kills the cow with the shotgun... :eek: I nearly pee'd my pants.

Oh, and when the one guy (can't remember his name) pelts Napolean with a steak. Ahhh, yes. Good times... :p Such "out there" people and jokes. I would agree that it had it's boring parts, though. 45 minutes would have been plenty.

I vote for PEDRO!

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
Thats a great movie. My fav. sceneS is when he's in his room and t he tape goes "are u ready to dance" he's like yes....The other good part is when he's dancing infront of the whole school. I also like "Hell yeah i'd vote for you" LMAO :D

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
Mr. Durden said:
Oh, and when the one guy (can't remember his name) pelts Napolean with a steak.
It was Uncle Rico. And to get in my vote for best line: "Tina, you fat lard! Come get some dinner!" ;)

Eevee

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 10, 2004
New Haven, CT
Mr. Durden said:
The scene where the old farmer kills the cow with the shotgun... :eek: I nearly pee'd my pants.

Oh, and when the one guy (can't remember his name) pelts Napolean with a steak. Ahhh, yes. Good times... :p Such "out there" people and jokes. I would agree that it had it's boring parts, though. 45 minutes would have been plenty.

I vote for PEDRO!
Yeah, that scene where the farmer shots the cow in front of the school bus was shocking!

And the one guy is Uncle Rico! He's the one whose selling "Bust Must Plus!"

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
An enjoyable trailer, that brings a smile to the face. Pedro doesn't know how to build a jump ramp. I like Napoleon's use of the Liger, mix of Lion and Tiger, a proposal by one member to follow Tiger as Mac OS X 10.5.

saunders45

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2004
" I need you to come by and get your stuff out of my locker, I don't have enough room for my numchucks."

" Why don't you go eat a decroted piece of crap"

my favorite

Don: Hey Napolean, you wet the bed last night?
Napolean: Hey don, you take a dump in your bed last night??
Don: you wanna die Napolean?
Napolean: oh yeah right, who's the one of us who know illegal ninja moves from the government!

If you vote for me, I'll make all of your wildest dreams come true. ;)

makisushi

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2004
Northern VA
I grew up about 20 minutes from Preston, Idaho. And because of that, Napolean Dynamite is down right slap nuts funny! So many things from the movie dead on.

Lyle

macrumors 68000
Jun 11, 2003
Madison, Alabama
dPratt said:
... overall it was so pointless and stupid ... this is definitely a love it or hate it movie.
That's a good way to sum it up. I found it funny because it's so stupid, but some friends merely found it stupid because it's so stupid. People are definitely polarized when it comes to their opinions about Napoleon Dynamite.

Daveway

macrumors 68040
Jul 10, 2004
New Orleans / Lafayette, La
Yea this is old. BUT. I never turn down a good Napoleon Dynamite thread.

My friends think I'm the biggest fan. I have the soundboard, dvd, poster, t-shirts, cups, hats and everything else. I just love the movie.

My favorite part is when Lyle shoots the cow in front of all the kids.
Did y'all know that Uncle Rico is really a vegetarian and really didn't eat those steaks?