Vote for Sharon Valentine-Thomas and She Will Not Perform Her Duties

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Oct 20, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

So she says she will disobey her sworn oath when she takes it How stupid can you get? really she really just wants to show how godly she really is.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/domen...sharon-valentine_b_8330734.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

2. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

just another moron who does not understand
    1 she is not a priest
    2 state issued certificate does not = a religious certificate.
    3 she is a MORON.

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I can understand people like Kim Davis not wanting to do it when the job requirements changed after they were already elected, but running for an office that you feel you can't carry out the duties of without violating your conscience is stupid.

5. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

I wonder if she honestly thinks she will get elected or doing it only for the attention? can you be sworn in when you have stated not to follow the law?

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I'm sure you can, although I do wonder if the state could go after you for perjury when you follow through with not carrying out the duties you swore to do in your oath of office. It seems like there might be able to be a case there since there would be evidence that you lied while taking your oath of office.

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

If she wins, nothing will happen to her. Pennsylvania is Alabama with Pittsburgh and Philadelphia as bookends.