Vote for the Girl Next Door on Victoria's Secret

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Actually, she's Jamie Darley, who lives across the street from me. I live in a town with 1,800 full time residents, so it's a really small, small town which is just over a square mile in size.

Please vote for her (CBS-Victoria's Secret) since small town beauties don't always get the chance or exposure big city models get.

Thanks,

63dot

http://www.cbs.com/specials/victorias_secret

click the link to top ten finalists

dmr727

macrumors G3
Dec 29, 2007
NYC
I'll vote for her, but I want to know why you're spending your time dicking around with us idiots instead of across the street like you should be!

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
I'll vote for her, but I want to know why you're spending your time dicking around with us idiots instead of across the street like you should be!
a) I am old enough to be her dad
b) Her dad is a big, tall dude
c) She's even taller, at 6'2" inches, and could throw all of us through a basketball hoop ;)

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Too late? I never got to a ballot page.
I think it's tonight or tuesday night. I just got home and I'm going to check.

OK, go to the site above, in first post, and when the picture of the final five come up (Jamie made it :) ), then click on that and a ballot will come up.

It's kind of confusing because there's no ballot on the first page that I can see. It should be up there front and center.

The ten girls who are going for this are equally beautiful, so it must have been hard for anybody to come up with the top five.

I hope Jamie makes it from there to the top two, and then from there, to become a Victoria's Secret Angel. So far as I can remember, in my lifetime, I don't recall anybody famous coming from my high school. This is really a great thing for a small town girl. I don't think any of these top five, or ten, will have trouble finding work from now on, but being this year's Angel will be a real pinnacle for any model.

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
UPDATE:

The girl across the street, Jamie Lee Darley, made it into the top 2!

Vote for her next week. If she wins, then she's a full fledged VS Angel.

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Voting is coming down to final moments.

I hope you all voted and I will cross my fingers. I was on VS site, and didn't even peek once at Dancing with the Stars. :)

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
Wirelessly posted (Nokia 5800 Tube XpressMusic : Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

I voted. She's lucky voting only takes one hand.

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
In just over an hour, EST, and they unveil the newest VS Angel.

(Since I am on the west coast, feel free to post and let us from the time zone of the two remaining VS contestants find out who won ahead of time.)

I hope it's the hometown girl from my part (Jamie Lee) and I am sure the LA crowd want Kylie. I have not seen or heard of Jamie Lee's whereabouts since they filmed tonight's TV special before Thanksgiving not too long ago, so that may be a good sign?

Nobody around town knows anything. We are all excited and proud.

Attachments

63dot

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 12, 2006
norcal
Who won?

The suspense is killing me out here on the west coast. :)

I know that there are some on the west coast at this moment (just shy of 9 PM as I type this) who want to find out at 10 PM on the regular scheduled TV program, so don't read past this post. Cover your eyes! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.