Voter Fraud Does Exist

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by rdowns, Jan 28, 2013.

1. rdowns, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013

rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Women tries to prove how easy it is to commit voter fraud. Commits voter fraud. Gets caught.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/01/28/roxanne-rubin_n_2566297.html

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

5 bucks says she votes GOP. Really funny when what they try to prove backfires.

3. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Actually it's more like attempted voter fraud.

4. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

Is someone trying to disinter that O'Keeffe guy now?

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I totally saw this earlier, and I totally laughed out loud.

6. 184550 Guest

The article said she was Republican.

:confused:

7. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I forgot to include the link until after his post.

8. 184550 Guest

Ah.

9. PracticalMac macrumors 68030

PracticalMac

Yes, best part.

It is a REPUBLICAN who commits voter fraud, not a liberal.
    Whats more the PRO photo ID Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller is a Democrat.

Needless to say voter fraud does happen, how much is issue.

10. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

One of the best studies on the subject was conducted by Justin Levitt of the New York University Law School. Its conclusion is simple: allegations of widespread voter fraud are greatly exaggerated.

http://brennan.3cdn.net/c176576c0065a7eb84_gxm6ib0hl.pdf

But let's not forget about when JFK got elected...there were tons of DEAD voters that somehow managed to vote for him. But I would bet many of the people on this forum aren't old enough to remember that.

Let's not pretend stuff like this happens only when connected to a republican. There are plenty of isolated cases on both sides.

11. Macky-Mac macrumors 68030

Macky-Mac

could be some of the same dead people the NRA has on its membership roles :p

12. rdowns thread starter macrumors Penryn

rdowns

So we have to got back 50 years for a relevant example? Studies have shown that voter fraud exists in tiny percentages, TINY. Nowhere near enough to affect the outcome. Furthermore, to affect a presidential election, you'd have to get thousands, maybe tens of thousands willing to commit a felony. Do you really think that happens?

13. MuddyPaws1 macrumors 6502

Actually 9 democrats in New York were indited for voter fraud in 2009. There are plenty of current examples on both sides of the fence, just didn't feel this thread was worth the effort to type them.

I never said I thought it happens enough to effect an election. My point was that it is not, as another poster commented, strictly a republican thing.

14. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

15. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Thread Revival

Voter fraud is real, look at your Reoublican Representative, and you'll get a healthy dose of hypocracy too.

Former Colorado GOP chairman who accused Democrats of voter fraud arrested for voter fraud

The former chairman of Colorado’s Republican Party, who just last year suggested on his “Wake Up!” talk radio show that Democrats were largely to blame for fraudulent votes, has been charged with voter fraud and forgery.

The former chairman of Colorado’s Republican Party, who just last year suggested on his “Wake Up!” talk radio show that Democrats were largely to blame for fraudulent votes, has been charged with voter fraud and forgery.

According to the Weld County District Attorney’s office, Curtis allegedly filed out his ex-wife’s absentee ballot for last year’s presidential election after it had been sent to his house, and forged her signature. He was charged with one count of misdemeanor voter fraud and one count of forgery, a Class 5 felony, according to local media. The 57-year-old radio jock, who served as state party chairman from 1997 to 1999, faces up to three years in jail if convicted

16. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Some people leave their money to the NRA when they die.:eek:

17. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm leaving everything I own to the WALL project.

18. Chew Toy McCoy macrumors regular

Chew Toy McCoy

You mean like income inequality? If TV shows are any indication everybody is either buying high end houses, doing high end remodels, or are rich in multi generations’ worth of junk they just need to sell.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

That's very generous of you. The travelling Vietnam War Veterans' Wall project, launched in 1984, is always looking for donations as it continues its tours around the country. For example, contributions were solicited beginning earlier this year for a five-day exhibition in Columbus, Ohio scheduled for July 27-31.

The Vietnam Veterans wall in Washington, D.C., is a hallowed memorial that chronologically lists the names of more than 58,000 military members who gave their lives during the Vietnam War.

It provides an opportunity for reflection, and stirs emotions and feelings in the millions of people who visit it each year.

Not everyone can travel to Washington to see it, however, either because of cost, schedule conflicts or physical limitations.

American Legion Post 24 in Columbus, however, is trying to raise nearly $64,000 to bring a traveling Vietnam Veterans wall exhibit to the city. That’s appreciated.

The traveling wall is half the size of the permanent memorial in Washington, and is scheduled to be on display at the Bartholomew County 4-H Fairgrounds July 27-31.

Admission will be free, but donations will be accepted. The memorial will be on display 24 hours a day, and at least 100,000 visitors are expected.

The exhibit has been touring the country since 1984, and previously made a stop in Bartholomew County in 2002 at the Columbus Municipal Airport.

This is a good idea to support. Veterans who don’t have the means to travel to Washington to visit the permanent memorial will appreciate the chance to see this traveling exhibit. For some, it could be therapeutic and offer an opportunity for healing.

For everyone, though, it will be educational regardless of whether one served in the military. Speakers are planned at the five-day event, with military conflicts from World War II to the present highlighted.

Post 24 has launched an online crowdfunding campaign and plans to distribute letters throughout the community seeking support.

20. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Nope. I want it all to go to the border wall. Furthermore, d like my ashes mixed into the mortar used in the wall construction.

21. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Sorry Vladimir, we don't have a record of your current visa, so... that could be a problem.

On the thread topic: As far as voter fraud goes, it seems to me lately that the GOP would be better off just dropping the subject. It's can boomerang, you know... kinda like demanding a recount if you've won the election...

22. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

The vote is sacred. Jail ALL who mess with it.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Let's stipulate they should be prosecuted formally and convicted first. However, I don't disagree, and I had absolutely no negative opinions about the jail terms of the three Chicago precinct workers convicted of vote tampering in the 1960 elections.

We should include prosecution of those who attempt to suppress voting or registration of people entitled to vote. That doesn't always happen. Somehow the stuff like a state's purge of voter rolls that was too enthusiastic seem to be resolved by very slow-walked restoration of the incorrectly purged names to the list. Or they even have to be taken to court again to make it happen. That's just wrong.

LOL once in awhile it even backfires when a party tries to suppress votes they figure are likely to go to the other party. Out in Montana once, some Republicans decided to purge as many voters as possible, wholesale, from Democratic-leaning counties. So they set about getting info from third party vendors about people whose addresses had changed. For one thing, they apparently forgot that it's a free country so it's ok to live near Democrats and still be a Republican voter. So, they didn't isolate their efforts to registrants in the Democratic Party.

They also forgot that one of the reasons a person's address might change is, duh,,,, they are deployed abroad in military service. A lot of those guy were Republicans...

Right and so finally they also happened to de-register an 86-year-old WWII vet who had apparently saved tens of thousands of lives at Dunkirk and had 10 medals of honor. He had merely moved within the township in which he lived but the GOP bounced him and his wife off the rolls.

Anyway that effort made the news in the form of a scorching op-ed from the (Republican) lieutenant governor of Montana, and probably put a lot of voters on notice to check their reggies in advance to make sure they hadn't been illegally ditched for moving from one end of town to another, or for going to Afghanistan as a deployed member of the military.

There are probably a few takeaways from that gig but at the very least I'd say if one means to to try to suppress votes then at least hire some criminals that aren't actual halfwits.

24. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

that should weaken it enough for a hole :D

25. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I don't buy the voter suppression crap. I think you should need a valid photo ID to vote. I'm all for providing free photo IDs to VALID LEGAL US CITIZENS.