Voting based on IQ levels

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Black Macbook, Jun 25, 2010.

Everybody is striving for a better society in the long run. Some politicians are even proposing such ridiculous social engineering ideas such as taxes on certain food, items and products in order to "modify" other people's behavior. It seems to me that Liberals are mostly the ones who are proposing such ideas, and if they wish to go down that road, then I have some ideas of my own.

A far better idea that would help towards making a better, more informed and more advanced society is weighted voting curves based on IQ levels.

This idea doesn't discriminate against anybody based on race, color or economic status. Everybody who is a citizen (and can provide sufficient proof of that) would have to take a one time IQ test in order to vote.

A small percentage of people who would fall way below the curve, would not qualify to vote, as they would be deemed mentally incapable. And everybody else would be assigned a curve, depending upon their IQ. A person with an IQ of 120 should have slightly more weight assigned to their vote as opposed to a person who only had a 90 IQ.

Smarter people choose better and make more intelligent decisions in their voting decisions in the long run than people of lesser IQ. And this in turn would lead to a better and more advanced society in the long term.

This social engineering idea is way better than any of the leftist social engineering ideas that some people propose.

2. Queso macrumors G4

Some with high IQs can be incredibly ignorant when it comes to politics, whereas a lot of people with average intelligence can be extremely knowledgeable on the issues. Let's leave the system as it is shall we?

BTW, do we really have to explain away the one-dimensional political compass in yet another thread?

3. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

4. Queso macrumors G4

Yeah, but is that a genetic right or a behavioral one?

5. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

IQ levels are far from a good indicator of anything useful. Someone with a high IQ - which is of course a culturally biased metric anyway - is no more likely to vote the "right" way than someone with a low IQ. I'm sure there are highly "intelligent" people voting for both Democratic and Republican parties. Why you should imagine that a score achieved in a one-time test of an arbitrary metric should give greater weight to one person's vote than to that of another is peculiar, to say the least. What happened to the premise that all men are equal? You might as well weight people's votes according to alphabetical order.

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Haha! Good one. :)

7. Black Macbook thread starter Guest

That's not entirely true. Felons in certain places currently do not have the right to vote, and they shouldn't either.

8. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

9. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

I think they should.

10. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

11. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That is also arguable. People who enter into wars on false premises are allowed to stand for political office, so why should other criminals not be allowed to vote?

12. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Holy ****, this may be the worst idea I have ever seen.

13. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

It's remarkable what you can come up with when you are desperate. I blame the drugs.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I think they should too. They served their time.

15. Gelfin macrumors 68020

Gelfin

He just needs a holiday. The betas and gammas can probably keep society from collapsing for a while.

16. Black Macbook thread starter Guest

I always thought that Republicans and Right Wingers are much dumber than Democrats and Left Wingers? Or at least, that's what many on the left often claim.

In that case, why would these people be against this? It seems to me that it would be to their advantage if what they claim is true.

17. Desertrat macrumors newbie

"Smarter people choose better and make more intelligent decisions in their voting decisions in the long run than people of lesser IQ."

We've had Bush and now Obama, and you say that? Gigglesnort. Wrong, dead wrong. :D:D:D

18. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Truth be told, it's always been down to the betas and gammas.

19. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Please give an example of anybody on this Forum other than you suggesting any such thing. Better still, put your own view forward instead of telling others what they think. That man is made of purest straw.

20. Queso macrumors G4

Personally I've always thought society would collapse without Huxley's epsilons. We'd notice pretty sharpish if the "menial" stuff stopped getting done.

21. Rt&Dzine macrumors 6502a

Rt&Dzine

22. Black Macbook thread starter Guest

I have never claimed that anybody on this forum suggested such a thing. The world is bigger than this forum, and I can provide examples of numerous such claims.

23. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Could you be any more transparent? This thread is ludicrous.

24. paddy macrumors 6502a

paddy

And I can find many counter examples.

25. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

You certainly imply that many on this Forum would agree. Don't be disingenuous.