vzw.com preorders?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by squidkitten, Sep 12, 2012.

1. squidkitten macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Hello! I've never preordered an iPhone before, and I was wondering how it works through the Verizon website.

I have an upgrade available on my account, and I was wondering if in the past preorders have been available at the same time as they're available on the apple website.

Also, have past preorders been received day of availability?

If not, is it possible for me to upgrade my phone on the apple website (even though the upgrade I'm using is from a different phone on the account)?

2. TheSwamp macrumors newbie

I'd like to know this too. I'm on an individual plan with Verizon and want to bring my wife onto Verizon with their ShareEverything plan and get her the iPhone 5. Just not sure I'll be able to do that on the Apple Store website.

3. applesith macrumors 68020

applesith

I've tried using alternate upgrade on Apple.com but you cant unless you enter the other phone's number. I tried this and it wants me to add another data plan for that phone. I have unlimited on all my other phones but the new plan is tiered.

Yes, you can create/add to a family plan on Apple.com. Try doing it now with the 4S to see the process and options. Obviously don't complete the order.

4. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

Okay, thanks. Any idea as to whether or not VZW.com will have the iPhone ready to preorder at the same time as apple.com?

5. turbobass macrumors 6502

In the past -- barring technical issues -- they have all gone on at the same time.

6. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

I was told they would be on the V site at 8AM Friday per CSR so take it for what it's worth

7. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

I would login to verizons site, swap the upgrade first that way you can pre-order anywhere with no problem's.

8. turbobass macrumors 6502

Good call on doing whatever you need to do with your account before the "moment of truth", so that if they falter under load you can get in and out and do what you need to.

9. squidkitten thread starter macrumors 6502

squidkitten

I just contacted Verizon and they told me I can't swap the upgrades without purchasing a phone to upgrade at the same time :/

That's okay, though. The person I spoke with also told me that they should be starting preorders at the same time as apple.com. I'm not sure how well I can trust this information, mostly because most Verizon employees I deal with are total morons.

But I guess someone just posted a link to a thread on the Verizon forums saying that the 4S was released on vzw.com as it was on apple.com.

10. Diseal3 macrumors 65816

Damn, thought it would have been worth a go. Hopefully everything is a lot more organized given the choice of 3 carrier from the get go. I'll probably have both Verizon and Apple's site in tabs anyway and going with whichever lets me achieve what I want anyway. God only knows gonna be international server crash friday.

11. KingCoop macrumors newbie

Does anyone know if Verizon allows you to utilize bill to account (BTA) when placing a pre-order? I'm eligible to use BTA and have a large account credit that I would like to use towards the new iPhone instead of being issued a check. Or must we pay with a credit/debit card for pre-orders?

12. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

BTA up to $400, anything more and a credit card is required.

13. KingCoop macrumors newbie

My BTA is $400 and I have a credit of $385 on my account so pre-ordering a 16GB iPhone 5 will only set me back $260 or so after taxes and upgrade fees, so I should be fine right? Just never used BTA for a pre-order, so I'm not aware if it'd work or not.

14. Vanilla Ice macrumors 6502

Vanilla Ice

When it comes to pre orders on-line, verizon makes you use visa or master card only. No BTA :(

15. KingCoop macrumors newbie

This was absolutely correct, no BTA option shown. Only credit card (All major options including Discover and AmEx) and gift card.