VZW credit check question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lil' brudder, Sep 14, 2012.

1. lil' brudder macrumors 6502

Hey all,
    So I ordered one white and one black iPhone 5 32GB from Verizon's website as a new customer and I did not have any issues during checkout. I was concerned I might have to pay a security deposit since I don't have a lot of credit history (only have 1 credit card and a few utilities) and my credit is in the high "medium risk" (as in, almost low risk) category.

I didn't see anything on the final confirmation page about a pending credit check, so does that mean I was instantly approved? I ordered just after 2AM CST, but that wouldn't make a difference as far as the process goes, would it?

Thanks, folks!

2. tmoney468 macrumors 6502

I'm in the same boat, says credit review status: pending review

the CS reps said it would be fine, just so many orders to sort through, its taking them a long time

3. lil' brudder thread starter macrumors 6502

The thing of it is, I never saw anything on the final confirmation page pertaining to credit. It simply said "Thank you for your order. Your order confirmation is: [insert number]"

Nothing about pending or anything.

4. Buckeyestar macrumors 6502a

Buckeyestar

Didn't they ask for your ID/drivers license # and SS#? That's for the credit check.

5. Vengeful macrumors member

Vengeful

I had that pending after I ordered as well, I had to call the number to verify my ID and it switched to approved and processing. Then an order confirmation email came in.

6. lil' brudder thread starter macrumors 6502

They did, but nothing on the final page. I did get a notification from Experian saying Verizon did a hard credit check, so we'll see what happens.