VZW Early Upgrade No Problem

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sjc83, Sep 15, 2012.

1. sjc83 macrumors 6502

sjc83

I just got a off the phone with VZW asking for an early upgrade, I was due on 10.10.12. Lady was very nice I asked for a early upgrade said I had my account since 2008 never late etc etc etc. She had no issue moving my upgrade date up.

I made sure I DID NOT MENTION the iPhone at all.

Good Luck,

Sam

2. kilj0y macrumors member

Congratz, now if only they would let me keep my unlimited data and use my upgrade I have.

3. Ryukouki macrumors regular

I'm not due for upgrade till May 2013. Can I have that upgrade too? T_T I'm still on a dumb phone.

4. sjc83 thread starter macrumors 6502

sjc83

She said flat out you have to use some ones else upgrade or buy it full price.

----------

call and ask.

5. comptr macrumors 65816

if you are on a family plan and have any non smart phones on the account then use their upgrade and not yours then you can keep the unlimited data. As long as you never use your upgrade then you can keep your unlimited data till Verizon makes any changes.

6. kilj0y macrumors member

Therein lies the problem, family plan, 1 iphone, 1 gnex, both unlimited data, with upgrades available on both lines. Guess I might add a dumb phone account to get a cheaper iPhone.

7. saberahul macrumors 68040

Spoke to them yesterday. Have my account since 2003 may. Escalation group denied it saying Apple would bill me for full price if he overwrote my upgrade date… idiots. Now I have to wait till Oct 7.

8. NelsonB macrumors member

NelsonB

What was the number you called? Also, do you remember her name? I'd love to talk to her and try and get an early upgrade as well :D

9. jekjones1558 macrumors 6502

My upgrade date was also Oct. 10. I called Saturday and spoke with Denise. She asked her supervisor and I got an early upgrade. I did tell her I was upgrading my iPhone. Hubster has a dumb phone with Oct. 9 upgrade. She said we could upgrade him also to an iPhone or a dumb phone.

10. sjc83 thread starter macrumors 6502

sjc83