VZW iPhone 5 Bluetooth issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by swimlikehell, Oct 31, 2012.

1. swimlikehell macrumors member

I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem I have been having with my iPhone. It worked fine for a while but in the past couple days if I try to place a call/answer a call with my Bluetooth I can hear the person fine but they can't hear me. Even after I disconnect my Bluetooth I still have issues. I have to restart my phone for the calls to work again. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

thanks

2. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I had some proximity issues with my first phone and bluetooth. I only use mine for streaming audio so I can't speak to talk quality but it's possible that the BT chip on your phone is bad.

I would try the following if I were you:

1. Unpair your phone with your BT device. Tell your phone to forget it. If possible tell the device to forget your phone (if it's a car radio you can usually erase all devices). Restart your phone, re-pair everything.

2. If at all possible, try a different bluetooth device. Nothing in your OP has me thinking it couldn't be the fault of the BT device itself. Switch up this variable and see if it shows you anything that you didn't already know.

3. On a similar note, try pairing a different phone with your BT device. This is another good way to test if the issue is phone or BT device.