VZW Preorder won't arrive till 10/21, should I line up at a store on launch day

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Koda, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Koda macrumors newbie

My preorder from Verizon won't arrive until late next week. Can I keep my preorder while still lining up at a Verizon store on Friday, or would I need to cancel in advance to avoid problems, assuming they have iPhone 4s's in stock?

Also, what are my chances of getting a 16GB Black iPhone 4s from Verizon if I line up at 6am? Thanks in advance!

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

You can only upgrade once with your carrier, if you already have a pre-order set, then if you line up on friday the system will show that you are not eligible for an upgrade and will likely be charged full retail price.

just wait for your order to arrive.

3. Koda thread starter macrumors newbie

So you believe its not advantageous to cancel the preorder and line up at 6am?

4. dbs0026 macrumors member

Would you need to line up at 6am to get a 32gb black 4s? Never lined up for an apple product so I am not aware how many the stores usually get of each type.

5. kalex macrumors 65816

Yes I strongly suggest you line up now and wait

6. dbs0026 macrumors member

Why is it always so damn difficult for a normal response? What is the deal with the amount of idiots on this forum!

7. livspop macrumors regular

When the 4 came out on Verizon I did exactly that - canceled my pre-order because I was getting jacked around and lined up at a store. Best decision I ever made. And that was in February and the temperature was 20 degrees.

Unless you are trying to get the phone at the 5th Ave. Apple store in NYC, I'm guessing the lines at most stores (particularly Verizon) are not going to be bad at all. Most people aren't eligible and won't spend the cash. I don't know about AT&T. Sprint will probably be bad...

8. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Did Apple ever announce what time on Friday the iPhone would go on sale?

9. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

There is no normal response. Everybody answer will be different, some more stranger than other, so the OP has to decide what works for them. As far as what time to line up everyone area is different so again we can't really do anything, but give a guess. Personally, I would just wait for the preorder to arrive. Less headache and more sleep you'll get, presumably.

10. MacBreezy macrumors regular

Because everyone is a "know it all" and think that other people should just know the things that they do. Otherwise they just like being a smart ass. I haven't been around the forums for long but I see a lot more of people being sarcastic and condescending than actually trying to help someone with a question. Disappointing...

11. Koda thread starter macrumors newbie

What time did you line up at your Verizon store? I will be going to a Verizon store in a small town if I decide to do it. I figured with a record breaking amount of preorders, less people would be lining up, especially at Verizon.

12. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I was in line for the iPhone 4 for 17 hours (3 am to 7 pm). Not worth it. I would wait.

But, of course, this depends on where you are. Here in So Cal the line are HUGE. We arrived at 3 am and were about 200 people back.

13. jca24 macrumors 6502a

jca24

yup. the stores will not have a lot of phones

14. ninerfan macrumors regular

8am, local time!

15. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

call and cancel your pre order, then line up at the Apple store Thursday night...

Store opens at 8 am, last year this guy and his wfie paid $50 to cut in front of us, that was around 8 am after in line for about 4 hours

last year was only AT&T, this year is Sprint and Verizon added, im sure the wait might be longer

16. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

So would I. You will get exactly what you want if you just have a little patience.

I also waited for the iPhone 4. While it was fun, I wouldn't do it again.

17. livspop macrumors regular

I go to a small town store, too. For the 4, doors opened at 7 and I was there at 5. I was second in line. There ended up being 13 people in line when the doors opened. Everyone got the phone they wanted. Actually, there were people walking in at normal opening time and getting the model they wanted. Because a lot of people are still only 8 months in on their iphones with Verizon, I'm guessing there's going to be plenty of stock. If I have to go to the store Friday, I'm planning to get there right at 8 a.m. or a little after...

18. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

About a 1.6/85 of a chance :cool: