VZW sim card transfer after 24 hrs???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sclawis300, Sep 25, 2012.

1. sclawis300 macrumors 65816

So was there any success in people getting their sim cards to be transfered to the new line after 24 hours or did people have to get a completely new sim card?

2. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

Is this a new line on a different account or same account? I did mine all in one day (on one account). Upgraded one line for the iPhone 5, got a new sim from Verizon and transferred it to the other line. There was no waiting 24 hours.

3. mac.cali macrumors 65816

I got both of mine transferred. I just activated the device on the original purchase line. Then deactivated on line. Waited 24 hours and moved the phones to the unlimited data lines. No problems and had the unlimited data done all online.

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

I just went to the apple store and got vzw sim to avoid the wait

5. sclawis300 thread starter macrumors 65816

Is there a charge for the sim?

6. johnothy macrumors regular

johnothy

No there isn't.

7. Gray Tragedy macrumors newbie

How did you do this?

I upgraded a line ("line A") to the iPhone 5, but I really want the phone to be on "line B." At the Apple store they activated the 5 for line A. Then I went to the Verizon store and attempted to have them switch it to line B, but was told I had to wait 24 hours. Then I called customer service and was told I had to wait *48* hours! Not sure what the deal is, but right now I've moved line A to a different phone and now the iPhone isn't tied to anything.

Any ideas?

8. climber20 macrumors member

Just wait. Eventually it will work. I had the same problem when I got my phone on a family member's line and tried to switch it to my own line with the unlimited data plan. No additional sim needed as long as you can wait a day.

9. bwhitta macrumors regular

I had trouble transferring to another line on launch day. If you have to wait 24 hours, you should call *611 or email customer service after the phone is activated and complain. I sent an email yesterday informing them of the problem (which I also had when I transferred a 4s upgrade to another line last year) and asked if they could waive the upgrade fee. A representative called me today and said that they cannot waive the upgrade fee, but she did give me credit for one month of access for my primary line. The monthly access fee for my primary line is $130. I'd say that makes up for the problems that I've experienced.