VZW text message to authorize order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taedouni, Sep 14, 2012.

1. taedouni macrumors 65816

Did anyone else get one? I just got it now at 1:05AM. Exactly one hour after I got my email from VZW.

VZW FREE MSG: VERIZON ORDER --------------------------
    must be authorized. Text Yes or confirm or NO to cancel the order. Questions? call VZW Fraud (number)

2. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I got this too, but didn't notice it on my phone until almost an hour later. I don't know what this means, and when I replied "YES", nothing happened.

3. taedouni thread starter macrumors 65816

I tried to call the number to ask about it but they didn't have a number to press for general questions. My preorder is still good https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/iconic/iconic/screens/IconicSearchInit.do

4. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

5. zachnelson macrumors 6502a

I was asked to call a number via text for "terms and conditions" yet it presents me with the "blah blah closed, hours are blah" thing. :rolleyes:

6. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

7. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

I see. Thanks

8. taedouni thread starter macrumors 65816

I used the Preorder Confirmation number that I was emailed from Verizon.
    I got that link from another topic. I also googled it again because I lost the forum :)

9. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

ok, thanks. We should be able to call in a few hours.

10. taedouni thread starter macrumors 65816

No problem. Please update us on what they say. I won't wake up until 11am PSR

11. Jeff5886 macrumors regular

Same here.

12. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

Now you guys got me worried! I didn't get one of those...I transferred the upgrade from my sisters line and I haven't gotten a text, I hope they don't try to send it to her because she is in Japan so her phone is off.

13. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Did you get this because you ordered through verizon?

14. rrolando macrumors newbie

VZW Text Msg for iPhone5

I just spoke with Verizon. If you change your address when you upgraded in the pre-order, you will have received this text. It is valid and NOT fraudulent. Text "YES" back to them. They are screening for people hacking the system and ordering phones to other people's addresses.

Hope that helps.

15. jayes macrumors regular

I got that text, but I had not changed any shipping or billing information. I called this morning (they opened at 8 am in LA area) and was told that everyone got that text. Clearly that is not the case since there would be more people posting and responding to this thread, but she checked my order and it shows it is queued for shipping. I did pause for a moment when it came in wondering if it was some sort of phishing message. But the message had my order number so I went ahead and replied YES.

CHECK YOUR ORDER on verizonwireless.com does not work for me. Comes up saying it can't find my order, but the gal on the phone said she can see it. Had I not texted YES, she said the order would not have gone through. I did not question whether VZN would have followed through with a call if I had not replied.

16. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

We got this message as well, but I'm guessing since we paid 1650 for two phones ( paid full price, not eligible and I wouldn't want to extend my contract). I didn't change the address or anything.

17. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Good that you got info that made sense. When I called the fraud dept, and the web sales department didn't know why I got the message, they just told me that everything is fine. I had to keep asking questions, but they just didn't know. However, they verified my order and that it would be fine. I did give a different shipping address like you did.

18. taedouni thread starter macrumors 65816

When I was placing my order I noticed that Verizon had my old number on the order as contact info. That was the only thing I changed.

19. ace08 macrumors member

You have to authorize/confirm the transaction. You will and can get a order confirmation but still need to confirm the transaction-with verizon at least. I'm an employee also.

20. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I had tried to change my shipping address, but something messed up. Ended up finishing the order without a hitch.

Weird thing: I was upgrading my line, but only my wife's cell got that message. I'm glad it happened to be on the table next to me.

Anyone else experienced something like this?

21. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Do you know why you confirm by replying "YES", but get no response at all saying that everything is fine?