Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

STC1709

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2009
I paid full price for my phone and they changed my plan on my account and took off my unlimited data

heads up for anyone else out there, what a joke

bogatyr

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2012
Call their support line and tell them what happened. Verizon support is usually quite fast and friendly. It is definitely a fluke since I walked into a Verizon this morning and bought an iPhone 5 for retail price without losing unlimited data.

Hakone

macrumors 6502a
Oct 5, 2011
Southern California
I paid full price for my phone and they changed my plan on my account and took off my unlimited data

heads up for anyone else out there, what a joke

I've heard of stories like this from people who bought from the carriers. They somehow magically moved you to the tiered plan and made it difficult for users to swap back to unlimited.

good luck.

moshimoshi3000

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
Sandpoint, ID
Me too...they are having a long hold time so I think this may have happened to a few people. The rep I talked to said that he switched me back to unlimited so we'll see. Good thing PageOnce sent me a notice saying I was "near my data limit." Those are words I never want to hear again!

Was everyone else switched from unlimited to the 2GB plan?

phillypharm

macrumors regular
Aug 13, 2012
I activated my phone in the store after having it delivered.

when i ordered online it didn't give me the option to get unlimited data, so i called and they told me to pick 2gb and they'd annotate my account. after i went to the store, he activated, but it still went to to 2gb. i told him about it and then he called for me, told them the situation, and they changed it back.

moshimoshi3000

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2009
Sandpoint, ID
2exbqs8.jpg

Fixed!

Last edited:

rbf1138

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2007
Thanks for the heads up, I see they did that to me, too. Going to have to call them now.

STC1709

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Thanks for the heads up, I see they did that to me, too. Going to have to call them now.

no problem.

I called sat on phone for a while she said i got my unlimited back but now my disocunt is gone and she doesnt know if she can get it back. She is gonig to email me and call whens he hears something. The computer recognized it as an upgrade like wtf

Hart1583

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2011
Peoria, IL
I upgraded a different line on my account and transfered the new phone to my line to keep unlimited. It stole my unlimited. Store that fukd it up called in and put in a ticket. I called in to and the said it should be taken care of by Tuesday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.