VZW upgrade question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CharlieBrandt09, Jul 21, 2012.

1. CharlieBrandt09 macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

So my situation is a it odd. Somehow VZW has my records screwed up a little, but it's to my advantage. I am eligible for an upgrade June 2013, however my contract end date is Dec 2012.

Would I be able to let my contract expire and get the subsidized iPhone price by resigning a two yr contrat after Dec?

2. pblakk macrumors member

I just pulled down my "CUSTOMER AGREEMENT" from the Verizon online documents section... confirm this info with your account and specific lines with Verizon CS to make sure there is no confusion between these dates, this would apply ONLY if you have more than one line on your account. You can upgrade one line but activate the actual device on your "other" line, if this is what you did, the dates you see would appear confusing, but one is the upgrade date, and the other date is simply the contract end date of the line you activated on. I was confused too..... just make sure.

Activating MDN Effective Date: xxxxx -<< Upgrade date
    Activating MDN Contract End Date: xxxx - simply the currently set contract end date of the line you activated on AT the time of the upgrade on the other line. :)

3. CharlieBrandt09 thread starter macrumors 6502

CharlieBrandt09

Yeah I checked and both lines are identical with the contract end dates and upgrade dates. Weird.

4. pblakk macrumors member

I'd push for that December upgrade! They'll do it.