VZW was a smooth transaction

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by taedouni, Sep 14, 2012.

1. taedouni macrumors 65816

Site was working by 12:01-02. Literally no issues whatsoever. I was finished after 2-3 minutes. They had the list of all Apple devices and I wanted to make sure that I had chosen the 64GB Black iPhone 5. Plus I had to make sure that I didn't change my plan. Overall it was pretty smooth.

I transferred the upgrade from a recent dumby line that I added to my account. I got the full discount and it successfully transferred over to my main line. That saved me a trip to the Verizon store to get it swaped (main reason why I avoided apple).

I completed my order at 12:04, I got the email confirmation at 12:05am.

2. Eallan macrumors 6502

Not if you're trying to add a line to an old family plan...

3. taedouni thread starter macrumors 65816

Dude, I had an individual plan literally 3 days ago. I called up Verizon and they put me on a loyalty family share plan with 550 minutes. That dumb phone line is only going to cost me $10 more a year. The trick was that you had to have the dumb phone line active prior to preordering.

4. Eallan macrumors 6502

I know, I didn't plan ahead, I thought it would be simple to add a line tonight/today. Oh well, live and learn.

5. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

Yeah what the hell? Did they not anticipate this?

I'm just moving back to my family's plan now from AT&T, and already can't stand how incompetent Verizon is - asking me which Talk and Text plan I want when I'm ADDING a line to a family plan.

6. Eallan macrumors 6502

Actually, it seems like apple.com let me do it, order is processing.

7. spacebetween macrumors regular

It was actually up earlier than that. A friend of mine hit refresh at 2:58 AM EST and was able to complete his order before it was even 3:01 AM EST. He got his confirmation email at 3:03 AM EST.

Meanwhile, I couldn't get on for 45 minutes!