W. T. F?! eBay thinks my OS X 10.2 retail is counterfeit because the BSA says so?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ravenvii, Aug 12, 2008.

1. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

I listed my store-bought copy of Mac OS X Jaguar retail on eBay. And two days later, it was removed and I got this email.

What. The. ****? I have a picture in my listing with a photo of the CD. It's certainly ****ing real, I have it right here on my desk. I bought a "BSA-owned counterfeit copy" at the ****ing Apple Store, huh? And it says here that the BSA is the rightful owner? Oh really? Kiss my ****ing ass.

****ing retards.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Those people are not very smart. There are plenty of auctions with questionable materials and they flagged a real one...

You should send an email to (i am guessing) abuse@ bsa.org
    said they made a mistake.

BTW, try selling on craigslist. Local, cash, no shipping of course.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

bsa.org likely just goes around and blanket files with eBay to get the listings pulled that meet a certain criteria (don't know what that is).

Apple is a member, but the bsa operates independently and is funded by the fines it collects from slackers and pirates.

---

You are right to get pissed at the BSA, but you really don't want to piss them off -- since their raids tend to be quite a bit like an IRS raid.

Armed federal or state law enforcement agents serving you notice for the BSA, BSA people then taking control of a location, and then subjecting you to a painful audit.