wait for bigger mini, or normal ipod now?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by theipodgod16, Jul 24, 2004.

  1. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

    Aug 10, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    i have a 10gb 2nd gen ipod that's still going strong, has a warrenty for another year, and still has room for my music collection to grow. Problems is, the new ipod is looking pretty good to me, especially since i've been wanting features like on the go lists and song ratings on mine for over a year now. I dont want a mini yet, i like the form factor but i like having everything i own with me at once.

    Question is, should I wait for them to make a mini with at least 10 - 15gb of space, buy a new 20gb, or wait until my warrenty dies next july?
  2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030


    Dec 26, 2002
    Albuquerque, NM
    Duff-Man says...if the iPod you have works fine and holds the amount of music you want it to, then why not just hang on to it until you outgrow it? No need to always have the latest and greatest, unless you've got tons on money to dispose of....oh yeah!
  3. stevehaslip macrumors 6502a


    Apr 30, 2004
    The Ocean Floor
    Duff-Man's right as usual! ;) There's no point spending money just for the sake of it. If you iPod still works then keep on using it til it breaks. If you really have the money for a new iPod burning in your pocket then by me one! (or) spend it on something else! (or) save it - that last one is probably the best idea.
  4. JOD8FY macrumors 6502a


    Mar 22, 2004
    United States
    I agree with the others. However, I would be interested to see when people thought there might be Rev. B Minis. Paris anyone? ;)

  5. themadchemist macrumors 68030


    Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
    I don't think the mini will go that high very soon, but I agree with the others--you should wait.

Share This Page