Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alainr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 20, 2008
our verizon contract has ended and i wld like an ipphone, but the macrumors buying guide says to wait. How long do you think the wait will be for a new version?
we will be traveling in europe this summer. is it more economical to use the iphone there or to buy a cheap phone in europe and buy a card with minutes?
we wld be calling the US and also numbers in europe.

as a former palm pda user, i really miss an easy way of syncing notes and docs with my mac. I heard that docs to go will come out with something for the mac!
I am trying Syncbook, but it is not intuitive. i emailed the developer over a week ago but have not gotten an answer.

danb77

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
our verizon contract has ended and i wld like an ipphone, but the macrumors buying guide says to wait. How long do you think the wait will be for a new version?.

Most people are guessing June, but there is little hard evidence to back that up.

Sounds about right though. I am in a similar position to you and have decided to wait it out....

fedup flyer

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2008
You could buy a unlocked Iphone while in Europe. A few countries do sell them.
I am gonna buy the next gen phone (unlocked) when it comes out

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.