Wait for the new iphone or get the new HTC one now?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surjavarman, Apr 1, 2012.

1. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I need to make a quick decision because my dad is coming over from a trip and he can buy the HTC one X or the HTC one S for me.

Right now I have the iphone 4. And my main problem is the size of the screen. I am reading a lot of ebooks lately. At home I use my laptop but when I am away I'd have to do it on my iphone and that tiny screen causes a lot of fatigue.

So I am thinking about a new phone with a very big screen and high resolution.

Well the HTC one S has a 4.3" screen but the resolution is only 960x540. Would it be an improvement over my current iphone 4. I don't really want the one X but the screen is 4.7" with a resolution of 1280x720. So thats something I can also consider.

Should I wait for the next iphone? Oh btw I prefer a MBP15&phone with 4.3+" over a MBP15 + ipad + iphone. I'd like to keep it simple and only have two devices.

2. christurbo macrumors regular

3. surjavarman thread starter macrumors 6502a

He can but I don't want that one. It's old and its made from plastic. Thats why I am also reluctant to buy the one X.

4. robertjones macrumors member

robertjones

Buy the HTC one X, and change your iphone with it.

5. surjavarman thread starter macrumors 6502a

Can you explain that a little bit

6. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Think they mean get the HTC and then sell it to offset against the price of the iPhone 5 when is released.

7. surjavarman thread starter macrumors 6502a

So you mean I should sell my iphone4, get the one x, sell the one x and then get the iphone 5?

Assuming the iphone 5 has the proper specs.

8. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

You should do what sits right with you.

Many often sell their current mobile to fund their next !

9. aneftp macrumors 601

OP. which htc one x?

The USA HTC 4.7 inch has crappier processor than international one because of LTE chip

10. Invincibilizer macrumors 6502a

Invincibilizer

Get the Micro Arc Oxidation HTC One S, I'm also getting that too

HTC One X does have 720p HD display but at 4.7 inches, its too large for the regularly sized hand. However if you are in to huge screens, LTE Dual Score Snapdragon S4 1.5 GHZ matches up with the quad score Tegra 3 in international HTC One X very well.

HTC One S with unibody metal, 4.3 inch SuperAMOLED display with QuadHD resolution wouldn't reach the "magic" number of 300ppi but for a person like me who doesn't regularly look at the screen closely, 250+ppi is sufficient.Not to mention the One S also has the same camera and the same amount of RAM.

I was going to either get new iPhone or iPhone4S but iOS has been pretty much stale and 3.5 inch is on the small end of the spectrum nowadays. Android 4.0 with HTC sense 4 seems like a wonderful combination that both the One X and the One S will come with.

Tegra 3 quad core isn't going to be a huge difference because the HTC One X has a built in ImageSense chip so in theory, the USA LTE One X has 3 cores. This will be more than enough and we are reaching the point where dual score does everything well and quad core is just a nice term to have to brag about, real world scenario, regular tasks would have negligible difference in speed and I can't recall a time when a phone needed a quad core processor.

Galaxy Note is enormous...

If anything wait for Samsung Galaxy S3 if you are in to the TouchWiz interface that Samsung has over HTC Sense.

11. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

He mentioned he has been reading a lot of ebooks lately. The Note would be perfect actually.

12. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

You could try it out for 2 weeks and if you don't like it just return it. You will only lose $30.

Personally, I have tried the Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Galaxy Nexus, and I keep coming back to the iPhone.

13. surjavarman thread starter macrumors 6502a

actually the note is really interesting. But its made out of flimsy plastic and CPU is already outdated by todays standard. I do have strong requirements for build quality. Thats one of the reasons why I have an iphone and am reluctant to buy the one X.

Would the one S be an upgraded to the iphone 4 because it has slightly less pixels than the iphone 4. Or would the larger screen compensate for that.

14. mbell1975 macrumors 6502a

HTC One S has a pip of 256 while the iPhone 4 has 326, thats a big difference. Even the 285 on the Note can't compare to the iPhone. Its just much sharper and more crisp. If anything, a larger display will make it more apparent is not as sharp.

15. surjavarman thread starter macrumors 6502a

But it will also make the fonts larger resulting in less fatigue and possibly give me more screen real estate.

Yes I know it has roughly the same resolution as the iphone 4. But the iphone 4 didn't increase its real estate compared to the iphone 3gs. it just doubled the pixel count right?

So that mean I can still see more text on the One S with the same font size. Or the same amount of text with a larger font size. The former is more user friendly. The later is easier on the eyes.

Am I wrong in my reasoning?