Wait in line at Apple Store or Carrier Store?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TAI182, Sep 10, 2013.

?

Wait in line at Apple Store or Carrier store?

1. Apple Store

26 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. Carrier Store

21 vote(s)
    44.7%
  1. TAI182 macrumors regular

TAI182

Now that we cannot pre-order the 5s to receive on the release date, who is going to wait in line at an Apple Store, and who is going to wait at their carrier's store?

2. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

Cannot pre-order ?. Where did you see this ? I was told by apple employe that pre-orders will be available through the apple online store on launch day.

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

see apple.com.

I'll opt for not waiting in line and go after work to AT&T.

4. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

No preorders. Look online. It's crazy

5. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Should have added another option...

[] Online order from Apple and wait. ;) This is what I'll do. Apple online/store gives a 30 day return and the carriers in the USA is 14 days

6. romeo0119 macrumors 6502

Will wake up early on the 20th and order from apple. If I'm lucky maybe I can pick it up from the store the same day, if not. I will wait for it to ship to me. Not really in a hurry.

7. m8875 macrumors newbie

So are we SURE that it will be available at Carrier store? On the website it only says apple store....

8. dojoman macrumors 65816

My guess is that on 20th you can order 5S online but it will say along the line of 1-2 weeks delivery. If you must have it on 20th then store is the only option. This really sucks.

9. solarguy17 macrumors 6502a

Not doing preorders at all tells me that they are having a hard time ramping production up. So it would surprise me to see many, if any, phones available at carriers or retail for quite a while. It sounds like the only way to get one on launch day will be to go to the stored.

Althoug carriers and retail may take reservations and doll them out as they get them. But hopefully there will be more information a available tomorrow.

10. Hart1583 macrumors regular

Hart1583

Everyone who says stores like Verizon might not have them are so far off. No chance in hell.

11. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

No preorders because they want lots of pictures of customers queuing.

If you have never been to an Apple store for a launch, then go for the experience (especially if you can get there early).

I would also imagine they will have more stock that the phone companies.

12. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

I'm going to wait until the waiting in line business is over. I want to walk into my carrier store and not have to wait, but rather, walk up and look at and choose the one I want.

13. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

I'm not waiting in line. I'm walking into AT&T after all the madness stops later that day and buying it

14. iPhone3gPSU macrumors member

Ha. Good luck! Think you're in for a bit of a shock.

15. Roadmap macrumors newbie

I'd wait at the carrier store if your sure you want that specific carrier.

16. pk7 macrumors 6502

I, too, want to get the 5s online on the 20th. I would go ahead and get delivery IF the estimated delivery time is 1 week or so but if not, is it safe to assume that Apple is doing what they did with the iPhone 5 last year in terms of in-store pickup?

I.e. they refresh the inventory at their stores at a set time every night so you can reserve an iPhone for pickup the next day. That seems to be the best shot at getting an iPhone ASAP.

Now whether or not it's worth trying for in-store pickup every night or worth it just to order it for delivery and have potentially the same waiting time is another question altogether.

Decisions, decisions and first-world problems :eek:

17. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I won't have time (nor do I have the desire/patience) to stand in line early Friday morning. I'll call verizon later in the day and see if they have any stock remaining.

18. adam044 macrumors 65816

adam044

No. Happens every year people just walk in and buy it. Apple, Att, best buy they know what to expect and will have plenty of stock. Have fun in line

19. taedouni macrumors 65816

They probably want to pace out their sales. They're probably delaying the release of their new iPads so they want their new iPhones to sell consistently throughout the next few months.

They'll probably push the iPad back until winter and release the new MacBook Pros in November. The problem with apple during the past year is that they didn't release too many products throughout the year. Just a bunch during a certain season.

20. ogremoustro macrumors 6502a

ogremoustro

21. -Reaper- macrumors member

I hope you're saying they will have one for everybody? :)