wait or don´t wait, thats my dilemma

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by andreszb, Aug 3, 2011.

  1. andreszb macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Aug 3, 2011
    #1
    Hi!
    I can´t decide whether wait for the new macbook pro (probably a low-end 15 inch) which is rumored to be completely redesigned or to buy a high-end macbook air right now. Should I wait?
     
  2. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

    ratzzo

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2011
    Location:
    Madrid
    #2
    MBAs were just refreshed/updated. If you need a new one now and want the latest, and even considered the MBA as an option, go for it. It depends on two factors: how long you can wait, and what use you give to your computer. Unless you do some CPU intensive work you can choose the MBA.
     
  3. EmbraceNext macrumors member

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    #3
    Best guess on the release date of the new MacBook Pros are end of first quarter to beginning of second quarter. I just bought a new MBP 15" because I needed one right now. If you don't have to have one NOW and can wait 7-9 months, then wait. If you are even thinking about it, get one now. These laptops are amazing. I can't believe how fantastic they are. you will not be sorry if you do make your purchase now.
     
  4. Scepticalscribe Contributor

    Scepticalscribe

    Joined:
    Jul 29, 2008
    Location:
    The Far Horizon
    #4
    As you haven't said what you really wish to use the computer for, it is rather difficult to advise you in detail.

    As the others have stated, both computers are excellent. I have had a MBP and currently have a MBA; both were excellent computers but they answered different needs at different times.

    Essentially, if you want power (and are into video, graphics, gaming etc), go for the MBP. Equally, if you want a machine that has better specs, more power, and is better value for money, again, the MBP should be your choice.

    For sheer portability, the speed of the SSD, and better screen resolution, try the MBA; the current models have just been upgraded and feedback so far has been pretty positive.

    Re your "dilemma" - to my mind, the answer might be: If you want a computer, maybe wait for a while and see what the updates to the MBP line bring. If, however, you need one, buy it now an enjoy it.

    Good luck with it.

    Cheers
     
  5. Young Spade macrumors 68020

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2011
    Location:
    Tallahassee, Florida
    #5
    What are you even going to use the computer for? Giving us two options is next to nothing when both machines are made for two different ends of the spectrum.
     

Share This Page