Wait until fall for AirPods Studio or buy something else now?

Alaxlmartin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 20, 2018
289
105
According to Mark Gurman, Apple has encountered delays and will not be putting out the AirPods Studio until Fall. I would like overear if possible. Budget is minimum $200. Have really cheap $30 cheap Sonys now. recommendations.
 

D3ggy

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2019
299
177
I have always worked on the principle “if you need it now, buy it now”. Waiting to buy will always have you saying “if i wait a little I will have the latest” but its a never ending cycle in the fast moving world we are in if you do that.
 

cmChimera

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2010
3,963
2,825
According to Mark Gurman, Apple has encountered delays and will not be putting out the AirPods Studio until Fall. I would like overear if possible. Budget is minimum $200. Have really cheap $30 cheap Sonys now. recommendations.
If it’s not urgent, just wait.
 

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68020
Feb 24, 2009
2,246
1,909
How invested in the ecosystem are you? Auto device switching would be reason enough for me to wait.
 

RealEvil

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
324
12
Sony XM4 should be out nearly any day. I fully expect that it will review better in pure sound and ANC terms than the Studios and cost the same/less. But it won’t have the quick switching etc. Im basing that on reviews of the XM3 and those same reviewers views on the AirPod Pros.

Maybe see if you can get XM3s cheap refurb? Here in the UK Sony and other shops sell them manufacturer refurbed and you really wouldn’t lose much money if you owned them for a while then resold?
 
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.