Waiting for a 64GB ATT, What to do w/32GB ATT?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by blast69, Mar 15, 2011.

1. blast69 macrumors newbie

I know you guys are gonna hate me for asking this question, and rightly so, but I was able to get a 32GB ATT iPad2 before ATT online sold out. I bought it Saturday morning because a friend wanted it and I knew how hard it was to get ahold of. I was gonna see if we could get a 64 somewhere else for me and give him this one (sell it to him). My friend is now just going to wait to get his own. I wanna open it and play with it, but I absolutely have to have the 64GB version and ATT didn't have any for "regular" customers (apparently, since I am an education discount Premiere member, I don't get the 64GB).

Anyway, I am thinking about, gasp, selling the 32 to help pay for the 64 (whenever and wherever I can get it). But I just noticed that there's a phone number listed as "wireless#" on the side of the box (that's not my att number). if I sell it still sealed with the sim card in it, does that mean people can charge usage to my account. do I just have to cancel the account? if I get a 64GB ATT model later, which I NEED for my work (video mirroring), do I open a new account or do they re-open this one?

sorry to ask lame questions. I only had the WiFi model before. I had planned on just getting another 64 Wifi (because of the new tethering possibilities), but when the apple store here sold out after I waited in line Friday night for over 2 hours ... I am kind of warming to the idea of having a 3G capable iPad (for when I travel ... I've tethered when traveling and it's not as convenient).

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If it is still sealed in the box, return it to at&t rather than sell it.

3. ScottBGKY macrumors member

Where do you live. I wanted a 32 and got a 64.

4. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

The number on the box is associated with the sim card. The sim has to be activated by associating it with a credit card. It is in no way associated with the credit card used to buy the ipad. Feel free to sell it. You could even open it and play with it and return it to AT&T. They shouldn't charge a restocking fee. Apple doesn't. You shoul have 14 days from purchase.

5. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

6. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Biorzoga, do you know how tempted I am to do that!!!!!

7. TOYOTATruck07 macrumors member

OP, I'd be interested in buying off you if still sealed. PM me.

8. ScottBGKY macrumors member

Bowling Green, KY here. Meet halfway, lol?

9. blast69 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ha ha, I am going to SXSW this weekend, so almost!!

I know if I open that box up, it's not going anywhere. But I use it for work, so I need the 64.

I need to call ATT and see if they would sell me a 64 with the return of this one.