Waiting for iPhone 5 almost a month

scottgatech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
Hi. I ordered an iPhone 5 on Sep 27, 2012, but still waiting for it.

I used att.com -> upgrade my device. Initially, they said I will be getting the phone within 2-3 weeks. Hmm....

Should I have ordered via apple.com? Waiting for almost a month is really frustrating.

bad03xtreme

macrumors 6502a
Jul 16, 2009
Northern, VA
I am still waiting until I can walk into a store and buy one and walk out, that is why I didn't do the pre-order thing. I prefer the cash and carry method, plus I like to see the real world reviews before I pull the trigger but it seems like it will be around Thanksgiving until stores have them in stock.

Comment

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
I am still waiting until I can walk into a store and buy one and walk out, that is why I didn't do the pre-order thing. I prefer the cash and carry method, plus I like to see the real world reviews before I pull the trigger but it seems like it will be around Thanksgiving until stores have them in stock.
That's what I've been told too...around Thanksgiving. Even then, with the holiday shopping season, it may be hard to get too. I'm just being patient.

Comment

Vctr

macrumors regular
May 24, 2012

I used att.com -> upgrade my device. Initially, they said I will be getting the phone within 2-3 weeks. Hmm....

Should I have ordered via apple.com? Waiting for almost a month is really frustrating.
You should try the Reservation method, if you haven't already (not sure if this is an option for you). This was the easiest way for me and I got mine after a few nights of trying to reserve.

Comment

vastoholic

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2009
Tulsa, OK

Don't worry, my friend is going through the same thing. Ordered on the 21st I think from AT&T because he has a business account. They told him the same time frame. His order is still in processing.

Comment

blerns3

macrumors 6502
Oct 2, 2012

It's 2-3 business weeks. Which is really like 3-4 weeks. What model did you order? Sept. 27 black 16gb's are coming off backorder today. You're other options are to cancel and get a black 64 gb, they're shipping next day. Or cancel and do the Apple online reservation. BUT I wouldn't because yours should ship very very soon (if it's a black 16gb).

Comment

N23

macrumors regular
Aug 3, 2009
If I stuck with my initial order, I'd still be waiting too. Had a ship date for early Nov.
Just try your luck locally, I managed to snag one up after a few days of searching.

Comment

scottgatech

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 22, 2012
mine was 16gb white

It's 2-3 business weeks. Which is really like 3-4 weeks. What model did you order? Sept. 27 black 16gb's are coming off backorder today. You're other options are to cancel and get a black 64 gb, they're shipping next day. Or cancel and do the Apple online reservation. BUT I wouldn't because yours should ship very very soon (if it's a black 16gb).
I ordered 16gb white. Thanks for the input anyway. yes, I should wait. One of my friend ordered via apple.com today, and seeing the delivery time frame of Nov 21-27. he ordered the same thing, 16gb white. I really wish to get mine this week...

Comment

msaftw

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2010
Houston, Tx
I reserved mine at the Apple store Saturday night and picked it up the next day on Sunday. I'd suggest going that route they usually always have it in stock in the back waiting for you. Just my 2 cents. :)

Comment

Scott S

macrumors newbie
Oct 22, 2012
I walked into a Target on my lunch break last wednesday & walked out with a brand new white iPhone 5... this luck happened after checking the AT&T stores in the area of my office every day for at least two weeks!

Comment

dallas112678

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Which one did you order? It really depends on the specific model (color + capacity). Black + 32GB seems to be the most popular (my guess.)

I actually just ordered yesterday off the att website, it initially quotes 15-20 business days on the main iphone 5 page, however I ordered the white 64 GB and it has already shipped. So it seems if you picked the more popular combinations, those are backed up more.

Comment

Menel

macrumors 603
Aug 4, 2011

I got mine within 24hrs of ordering.

Oct 1, checked Apple.com at 10pm when the local stores refresh stock. Placed reservation for mine and picked it up the next day, Oct 2, on my lunch break.

Lots if threads on this.

Comment