Waiting for iPhone 5 almost a month

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by scottgatech, Oct 22, 2012.

1. scottgatech macrumors newbie

Hi. I ordered an iPhone 5 on Sep 27, 2012, but still waiting for it.

I used att.com -> upgrade my device. Initially, they said I will be getting the phone within 2-3 weeks. Hmm....

Should I have ordered via apple.com? Waiting for almost a month is really frustrating.

2. bad03xtreme macrumors 6502a

bad03xtreme

I am still waiting until I can walk into a store and buy one and walk out, that is why I didn't do the pre-order thing. I prefer the cash and carry method, plus I like to see the real world reviews before I pull the trigger but it seems like it will be around Thanksgiving until stores have them in stock.

3. WhySoSerious macrumors 65816

WhySoSerious

That's what I've been told too...around Thanksgiving. Even then, with the holiday shopping season, it may be hard to get too. I'm just being patient.

4. Vctr macrumors regular

You should try the Reservation method, if you haven't already (not sure if this is an option for you). This was the easiest way for me and I got mine after a few nights of trying to reserve.

5. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

Don't worry, my friend is going through the same thing. Ordered on the 21st I think from AT&T because he has a business account. They told him the same time frame. His order is still in processing.

6. blerns3 macrumors 6502

It's 2-3 business weeks. Which is really like 3-4 weeks. What model did you order? Sept. 27 black 16gb's are coming off backorder today. You're other options are to cancel and get a black 64 gb, they're shipping next day. Or cancel and do the Apple online reservation. BUT I wouldn't because yours should ship very very soon (if it's a black 16gb).

7. N23 macrumors regular

If I stuck with my initial order, I'd still be waiting too. Had a ship date for early Nov.
    Just try your luck locally, I managed to snag one up after a few days of searching.

8. xero9 macrumors 6502a

Might as well just wait for the iPhone 5s then :D

9. scottgatech thread starter macrumors newbie

mine was 16gb white

I ordered 16gb white. Thanks for the input anyway. yes, I should wait. One of my friend ordered via apple.com today, and seeing the delivery time frame of Nov 21-27. he ordered the same thing, 16gb white. I really wish to get mine this week...

10. msaftw macrumors member

I reserved mine at the Apple store Saturday night and picked it up the next day on Sunday. I'd suggest going that route they usually always have it in stock in the back waiting for you. Just my 2 cents. :)

11. Scott S macrumors newbie

I walked into a Target on my lunch break last wednesday & walked out with a brand new white iPhone 5... this luck happened after checking the AT&T stores in the area of my office every day for at least two weeks!

12. dallas112678 macrumors 6502a

Which one did you order? It really depends on the specific model (color + capacity). Black + 32GB seems to be the most popular (my guess.)

I actually just ordered yesterday off the att website, it initially quotes 15-20 business days on the main iphone 5 page, however I ordered the white 64 GB and it has already shipped. So it seems if you picked the more popular combinations, those are backed up more.

13. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

I got mine within 24hrs of ordering.

Oct 1, checked Apple.com at 10pm when the local stores refresh stock. Placed reservation for mine and picked it up the next day, Oct 2, on my lunch break.

Lots if threads on this.