Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pro7913

Cancelled
Sep 28, 2019
For anyone still looking to the FCPX summit for insight: Apparently there were NDA's required in advance to attend a portion or portions of the Apple Campus visit in anticipation of something "exciting" being discussed. They might just be related to upcoming software release(s).

There is speculation FMC just used that as a ploy to build hype for the event. It's a pretty small crowd (under 100) and small event compared to others in the industry (like Avid/ProTools or Adobe events). The conference is not even sold out. Tickets were still being sold as of this morning for today and tomorrow.

So they saw something I guess?
[automerge]1573245668[/automerge]
I assuming that Mac Pro 2019 will release in Dec like they did with Mac Pro 2013.

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
Doubtful. Really seems they're using the NDA as an advertising tactic to build hype and sell tickets/registrations.

Screen Shot 2019-11-08 at 3.40.48 PM.png

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
The FCPX conference is on their Apple tour/visit to the terrace of the visitor center. Lots of complaints about the lack of quality and substance being delivered from the conference so far. The text I just got was "nothing more than a glorified dog and pony show".

You'll hear something in the next 4-6 hours if you're going to hear anything at all from this event.

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
they wouldn't need two collections of 8GB , 16GB , 32GB , 64GB , and 128GB DIMMs ( one at 2666 and on at 2933 ). The number of 8 core systems that are going buy 128GB DIMMs from Apple is probably dismally small.
Ah, in 10 years time we'll probably be discarding 128GB DIMMs :) Yes, this comment has nothing to do with anything in the original post.

chfilm

macrumors 68040
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
It is plausible that Mac Pro 2019 will release in Dec.
I agree. Last time it came out on December 19!!!
let’s be patient. I’m actually happy about this, gives My clients the chance to finally pay haha so I won’t need a credit ;)

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
The folks looking for a major deduction (even via schedule) in 2019 may be out of luck with a late December release. The constant guessing makes it difficult to plan for - that thing professionals constantly need to do...

Last edited:
Reactions: Polymorphic

bsbeamer

macrumors 601
Sep 19, 2012
Not sure what that means or its even mac pro related.

There is discussion this is related to the next version of FCPX. Two surveys going around right now indicate features might be restricted to macOS Catalina (or higher) for all new versions and features. Basically this would become the next "major" iteration of FCPX (10.5) and be 10.15+ only. Speculation this has something to do with 100% dropping 32-bit support moving forward. Thought that already happened, but really don't follow FCPX development closely enough.

If this tweet is to be believed, looks like some Apple connected "partners" have their hands on the MP7,1 already:

Korican100

macrumors 65816
Oct 9, 2012
There is discussion this is related to the next version of FCPX. Two surveys going around right now indicate features might be restricted to macOS Catalina (or higher) for all new versions and features. Basically this would become the next "major" iteration of FCPX (10.5) and be 10.15+ only. Speculation this has something to do with 100% dropping 32-bit support moving forward. Thought that already happened, but really don't follow FCPX development closely enough.

If this tweet is to be believed, looks like some Apple connected "partners" have their hands on the MP7,1 already:
Ah Good point. “Already converted” being the people that have transitioned to 64bit.

Hopefully November is still on the table.

and wow at Calvin Harris lol.

goMac

Contributor
Apr 15, 2004
I think Tim Cook could sneeze during a tv interview and people would think that means the Mac Pro is delayed.

Again, as far as I’m aware, PC vendors haven’t launched their new Xeon lines either. But it’s been a few weeks since I looked.

natallica

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2005
Fairfax, VA
The folks looking for a major deduction (even via schedule) in 2019 may be out of luck with a late December release. The constant guessing makes it difficult to plan for - that thing professionals constantly need to do...

This is definitely a problem since Apple doesn't charge until they are ready to ship your order. If it doesn't ship before the end of the year I'll be scrambling to find other things to purchase to reduce my tax liability and I'll need to save cash to purchase the Mac Pro when it finally does ship. A double whammy of stress.

thevault

Suspended
Feb 11, 2019
Mars
I think Tim Cook could sneeze during a tv interview and people would think that means the Mac Pro is delayed.

Again, as far as I’m aware, PC vendors haven’t launched their new Xeon lines either. But it’s been a few weeks since I looked.

Then there's the "Fanboy's":

Released on December 21st........"See MP released in the Fall":rolleyes:

or

Released on December 31st........"See MP released by 2019" :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: ssgbryan

defjam

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2019
Some PC vendors are already shipping systems which meet or exceed the CPU capability of the 7,1 Mac Pro. When it comes to CPU capability the new Mac Pro is playing catch up to the PC market.
[automerge]1573343365[/automerge]
This is definitely a problem since Apple doesn't charge until they are ready to ship your order. If it doesn't ship before the end of the year I'll be scrambling to find other things to purchase to reduce my tax liability and I'll need to save cash to purchase the Mac Pro when it finally does ship. A double whammy of stress.
I've never been clear on why someone would want to do this unless they received more than a dollar for dollar return for doing so. I'm not an accountant but it doesn't make sense to spend a dollar solely to reduce tax liability. Am I missing something?

natallica

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2005
Fairfax, VA
I've never been clear on why someone would want to do this unless they received more than a dollar for dollar return for doing so. I'm not an accountant but it doesn't make sense to spend a dollar solely to reduce tax liability. Am I missing something?

For the same reason someone would put money in an IRA before the deadline once they realize they're going to have a huge tax bill or be pushed into a higher tax bracket.

I can either pay a lot of money in taxes each year or I can reduce my tax liability while getting more tools and/or training that help me do my job more efficiently and grow my business.

ssgbryan

macrumors 65816
Jul 18, 2002
For the same reason someone would put money in an IRA before the deadline once they realize they're going to have a huge tax bill or be pushed into a higher tax bracket.

I can either pay a lot of money in taxes each year or I can reduce my tax liability while getting more tools and/or training that help me do my job more efficiently and grow my business.

Someone might want to learn how tax brackets actually work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.