Waiting for new MBP to arrive in Apple Stores or Best Buy locations

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Thebeat07, Nov 12, 2016.

1. Thebeat07 macrumors regular

Thebeat07

hi all, we know that apple has shipped to users. But lets find out when our local Apple or Best Buy stores receive the new touch bar macbook pros. Please reply if your store has it or of there are any hints when they will arrive. Thanks

2. MrRugged macrumors member

Agreed. Been dying to find out and nobody has a clue when you call. A set number of shipments should be going to third party retailers.

3. Abaganov macrumors regular

with orders now being 4-5 weeks waiting time , how is it possible for those to be available for immediate pick up at stores? I mean , then it wouldn't make any sense to order it from the apple website (unless its BTO)

4. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I'm almost certain you will be able to walk into bestbuy on 11/16 and get one.

5. yillbs macrumors 6502

yillbs

Doubtful, unless you find a high volume best buy. Bestbuy usually has stock when others don't, but that's typically on phones, and they give huge discounts because you're signing a contract with them, and not your carrier. I don't think any of the high end models will be available, and any of the 13's.

6. protoxx macrumors 6502a

protoxx

Rarely see anything but base models. Apple stores in past might actually stock base and ultimate versions.

7. MrRugged macrumors member

Every release third party retailers purchase or preorder limited quantities to have in stock. For the rMB, Best Buy had them before Apple did because Apple was busy filling preorders but third party retailers still purchased to have them available when first released. Except for iPhones, you will have better luck walking into a third party retailer to pick one up instead of ordering online from Apple now. The question is...what day will there be some limited stock at these places. Undoubtedly, there will only be a few and gone right away.

8. dgdosen, Nov 12, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2016

dgdosen macrumors 65816

dgdosen

Regarding the touchbar, I'd like to see some reviews of mac users (non-reviewers) who touch these things in the stores.

My gut says this is unneeded complication. Can Apple make it necessary? I'd say only if all PCs go that way - and I don't see that happening. If there's a reason to go touch screen - then do it now. What would really be a shame is if they go touch screen in the future - then the touchbar would have an even more limited value.

All the i-devices are touch screens. It seems odd for Apple to buck the trend that Steve Jobs championed.

I say this not as someone stuck in the past - I'm all for usb c (hopefully with magsafe improvements over time). I have a feeling I may wait for the Kaby Lake base model.

9. GoodOne macrumors regular

Mine should arrive in my local Apple Store in Frankfurt, Germany on 11/22 for Pick-up.
    During my usual strolling around on a saturday afternoon, I went there today to ask when the demo kits arrive but they had no clue and said something about "in a few weeks" but I think the demo kits should arrive next week.

I'll Keep checking availability in the local Apple Store, maybe I'm lucky and can get it before 11/22.

10. killawat macrumors 65816

I'll write what I have in the preorder thread:

11. terminator-jq macrumors regular

A manager at my local Best Buy was able to check for me and see that they have 3 of the 13" Touchbar models on the way. He was unable to give me an exact date on when they would be there but he estimated they would be in on the 15th.

As for the Apple Stores, my gueas would be the 15th or 16th.

No matter where you go, it seems like the best option would be to use the "pick up in store" method that way you have a guaranteed unit reserved for you.

12. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

I just cancelled my 15" SG base model rMBP with touch bar from Apple with delivery Nov 25-Dec 2 and ordered the same model from Best Buy with delivery for Nov 16. You can't order it for store pick up at this time.

13. Fthree macrumors 6502a

i was at best buy last night, the apple worker inside said they will have some this week (for display-- I dont know if that meant in to sell)