Waiting for the 2017 MBP (Kaby Lake / Cannonlake / Coffee Lake??)

Now that the 2016 Models are out, will you buy a 2016 Model?

• No, They increased the cost far to much. The Apple i once new loved appears to have disappeared.

Votes: 465 36.6%
  • No, I really wanted a Kaby Lake processor, ill wait till 2017

Votes: 325 25.6%
  • Yes, Im ordering a 2016 now, or already placed an order already.

Votes: 482 37.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

buster84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Looks like apple might just skip skylake (hopefully since it's already so late) if they don't then this thread will have a very long wait!

https://www.macrumors.com/2016/07/21/intel-begins-shipping-kaby-lake-processors/

Since Kaby Lake is now shipping maybe this is what apple was waiting for which could explain the delay. I hope this is true and they arn't going to disappoint us with skylake and actually deliver us the most up to date this year :):apple: the macbook pro lineup really needs this.

Edit: 10/28/2016

Well i was hoping that kaby lake would have been released this year but apple decided that its best to sell us old skylake processors and up the price by a huge margin.

I'm officially no longer waiting for any new mac book pros. Apple is no longer the company i want to do business with. The company that was created by Steve Jobs seems seems to no longer exist. They do not care about the customers, they only care about how much profit they can take in from the millions of loyal fans they have acquired over the last 2-3 decades.

Last edited:

buster84

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 7, 2013
Hold on, we didn't just spend 794 pages worth of discussion waiting for Skylake for nothing - I'm sure Skylake will be released in 2016.

As for Kaby Lake, I expect this thread to be active well into the year 2018. :D
Haha only 793 pages to go to catch up to it! I got tired of waiting for skylake so I snatched up a 15in zenbook instead for $940 (newest model originally $1500) during amazons 20% off wearhouse sale. I'm very happy with my choice; however, if Apple skips skylake and moves onto Kabylake them I'll definitely buy another macbook pro otherwise I'll just have to stick to Windows if Mac doesn't get ahead of the competition like they used to. I'm tired of the MacBook pros playing catchup, at one time they used to always be the latest and greatest and that made it much easier to justify their higher pricing, getting old tech at a premium is No Bueno. Lol

Reactions: paulh69 and #1Booie

Mavrack

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2011
Welp, who needed Skylake anyways? He...he...eh...ugh.. Well Kaby Lake here we come! ;) eventually.. I hope

Reactions: ABC5S

trueredsoxfan58

macrumors member
Aug 5, 2013
HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, Full HEVC hardware decoding make Kaby Lake worth waiting for me. Not like my 2013 i7 Haswell is slow, only thing I dont like about it is the low-res screen

Reactions: macaximx

richpjr

macrumors 68040
May 9, 2006
Argh. My daughter starts college next month and I really wanted to pick up a new MBP to get her through the next 4 years. I just can't see buying the current models, so I have been waiting impatiently for these to be released. She may end up starting school with her old Macbook (she'd rather wait for the new models).

auero

macrumors 65816
Sep 15, 2006
Argh. My daughter starts college next month and I really wanted to pick up a new MBP to get her through the next 4 years. I just can't see buying the current models, so I have been waiting impatiently for these to be released. She may end up starting school with her old Macbook (she'd rather wait for the new models).
Snag a refurbished/clearance model and save yourself a bunch of money (or look for deals). A current macbook pro will still last her through college. I wouldn't expect Apple to release new models until after their back to school promo is over.

Reactions: bhayes444

doitdada

Suspended
Oct 14, 2013
Update 22 July: On its second quarter earnings call, Intel confirmed that it is now shipping Kaby Lake processors. CEO Brian Krzanich stated to investors and we should hear more about Kaby Lake at IDF (Intel Developer Forum) 2016 in August. After all, shipping in this context means to device manufacturer partners.

No firm launch date has been announced, only that the benefits of the new chips will “come to premium devices in the second half of 2016”.

source:
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/new-prod...ate-price-specs-rumours-now-shipping-3641491/

Previous rumours suggests there will only be an update to the 13" since Kaby Lake U with dual core being the only Kaby Lake mobile cpu to be released this fall. A 15" may be announced, but with a shipping date closer to the very end of this year. They may also release a 15" with a Skylake-H and a dGPU, then go with a silent bump early next year.

Some links with info
http://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake-200-series-chipset-processor-platform/
http://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake-core-i7-7700k-cpu-leaked/
http://wccftech.com/intel-kaby-lake-q3-2016-cannonlake-2017/

Last edited:

Seed101

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2015
Sweet!

Hi guys, my name is Seed101 and I'm like, waiting for Kabylake.
Hope we can have a long and fruitful relationship with some fun along the way....no strings attached...bar this one:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.