Waiting in line on 21 September

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Fontane, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Fontane macrumors regular

Never owned an iphone but considering buying one. Looks like the pre-orders with verizon aren't shipping until 5 October.

If I wait in line on 21 September at the Verizon store, will they actually have stock in their inventory or do they just take orders that ship later?

2. leenak macrumors 68020

They may have stock, they may not have stock. I'd call ahead of time to see if they are taking reservations or preorders.

3. Jnyce macrumors regular

Go to the apple store they will most likely have better stock.

4. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

Not everybody lives close to an Apple store :rolleyes:.. That would be an 8 hour drive for me

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Its really a gamble whether the retail store you choose will have it instock.

there are some stores, like Best Buy, or Radio Shack that may have it, as most people will go to the carrier (vzw, att, etc) or apple so you may have better luck there.

6. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

also keep in mind that Verizon corporate stores will not sell phones at full retail price most of the time

7. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

the corporate stores for the carriers always have stock on launch day.

8. ROLLTIDE1 macrumors 65816

But they will not sell them at Full Retail Price cause it's all about slamming 2 year contracts down suckers throats . None of our local stores will sell you a phone at full retail price no matter how much money you have

9. loskickking23 macrumors 6502a

Stores will more than likely have them in stock....this will be my 6th iPhone and I just preordered for the first time.. I always went on the release days and got one with no problems.... From AT&T and apple stores... A couple of hours in line and your on your way... I will never and I mean Never preorder again... I don't even know when my phone is coming.... Could be a week or could be a month..

10. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Apple stores should have stock, assuming you are ok waiting in line for several hours.

11. Fontane thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for all the helpful replies.

I don't care to wait in line for hours, so thinking of getting it at the Verizon store.

Are there usually big lines at provider stores?

Can I buy Applecare from the Verizon store?

12. Jnyce macrumors regular

Well then sucks to be you :D