Waiting is so painful... [iPhone 6 plus space gray]

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hotdeck, Oct 6, 2014.

1. hotdeck macrumors newbie

I keep checking istocknow and apple store app every day. Saw a couple of incidence where gray iPhone 6 plus was in stock, only to get an error at the last step of check out that someone got it before I did. Now it seems that no stores in MA are ever getting new inventories.

Any idea when are the best time each day to check their inventories? Any other suggestions on how to snatch an iPhone 6 plus space gray would be much appreciated.

2. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I quit checking with the Apple Store app after my buddy told me his neighbor had just bought two at my local store even though it'd been saying out of stock every time I checked.

Made the drive and scored my 6 on the first try.

3. Rtr macrumors newbie

Took me awhile to find a SG 6+, istocknow.com sent me an email that one of my nearby stores had one at 12:30am local time, didn't see the email till 5am and they were all gone by then, but another nearby store still had some, made an order for personal pickup and got it later that day. Hope that helps, good luck in your search I know its frustrating.

4. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I used istocknow to track down a 128GB iPhone 6 Grey model and on Friday I finally found one.

Friday before I went to work I took my iPhone box and accessories with me and kept it in my car, my plan was to go to an Apple Store when i got off work (Friday was day 14 of the return/exchange period) but at 2pm when I got off I checked the website and it didn't show any in stock in my town or surrounding cities, so I just went home.

At 4:30p I got an email notification from istocknow that my local Apple Store had received some 128GB models, so I got in my car and drove down to the Apple Store, was there within 10 mins and as the guy was helping me with my exchange he said they have had them in stock all day but at 2pm istocknow showed not available in my town.

So I am not entirely sure how accurate istocknow is or how soon they get their info.

5. hotdeck thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks guys for the information. appreciate it.

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

7. GrecoISU macrumors member

I've been looking and calling everywhere around me for a 6 Plus. I can't even find a 16 GB, let alone a 64 GB. It seems like the entire state of Indiana has been looked over by Apple.

8. jaeshellz macrumors member

I been all over NYC searching for an SG 64 att with no luck. I went to ridge hill this morning, was the first one there. Only to find out they didn't get any today. Wtf!!!

9. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Actually it is since we are on an IPHONE forum.

10. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

You really thought UPS/FEDEX delivered them some on Sunday for Monday morning?

11. jaeshellz macrumors member

No. I thought they would receive a shipment in early Monday morning, before the store opened - which is what I was told by an apple employee.

12. cypressc macrumors member

cypressc

If you see them update in the middle of the night with the phone you want -- then go down to the store the next morning an hour before they open (weekdays) and it will be there. As has been said many times in this forum, the inventory on the Apple Store website is not all the inventory they receive. They save some for walk-ins. I got my Grey 6+ 128gb by waiting until I saw it come in stock at 1:30am (CT) and was there next morning. At the time Apple Store said none available. But they had two not listed online, and luckily I was third in line. They are out there.

13. circa7 macrumors regular

I can't wait for this joke to die. Yes we live in a first world country, we get it.

14. FoxD macrumors 6502

No luck here last couple of days. Returned my 6 to get a Plus and have not seen any available at all. Target 1.5 hours away had one but would not hold it...

15. 0r30 macrumors 6502

0r30

use istocknow and set up some alerts. I did this and showed up really early during the weekday at a apple store and was able to reserve mine by being 2nd in line..... :D

16. wermy macrumors regular

I want it so bad. And I even have a 6 to keep me entertained while I wait.

I ALMOST was able to go get one locally and cancel my Apple.com order... But they told me I'd have to wait a couple days after canceling that order before my upgrade would become available again, letting me buy it locally.

Anyone know how true that is? How fast do upgrades become available again if you cancel an order?