Waiting on Target Reservation... anyone having any luck?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ktlien, Sep 27, 2013.

1. Ktlien macrumors newbie

I reserved an AT&T 16g Gold 5s at my local target about two weeks ago. So far my store has only received a few Space Greys.

I'm stuck buying from Target (I'm using store credit from a trade-in) and I was wondering if anyone has had any luck getting a silver or gold phone from Target. I need to decide if I should just give up and get a grey.

2. kerrikins macrumors 65816

I've heard nothing but bad things about Target... I don't have any personal experience to offer, but I've seen a lot of upset posts in the past.

3. 1981d macrumors regular

What is their exchange policy? Best Buy is two weeks, so I got a space gray. If a gold comes in during that time, I'll can just exchange. If a silver comes in, I can exchange for that and get another two weeks to see if gold availability improves. I suppose you could extend this for months if you just kept exchanging for different colors/ sizes until the one you want comes in. Ex, buy a 16gb gray on day one, 14 days later exchange for a silver 16gb, then 14 days later exchange for a gold 16gb. So you can basically use the gray and the silver as loaners for 28 days while you wait for the gold. That's the way BB's policy was explained to me, and I bet Target has something similar.

4. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Careful with best buy on the returns/exchanges. They track returns through The Retail Equation, so the system may deny you, though you will get one warning. Any exchange, adjustment, etc. is treated as a return. Just make sure you have not done a lot of that there recently!

5. 1981d macrumors regular

Thanks for the heads up. It was the salesman who told me this, so I figured it was legit. I'll be happy with my gray if I have to keep it, though:)

6. thecurryman macrumors 6502

I got the grey on 9/20...exchanged for a silver on 9/21....exchanged for a gold on 9/24. I had no issues exchanging anything and it worked out really well.

7. Ktlien thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm going to go ahead and get a grey and "trade up" if possible. According to the guy I've been talking to at Target they have a 30 day return period so I have a decent chance of it coming in.

I haven't been really happy with the way everything has gone with Target Mobile so far but I do have to say the guy working there who has been helping me has been nothing short of amazing. He has been just as frustrated with it all as I have been and he's been doing everything he can to help me out.

I just wish Target mobile (or radio shack that is) was better at preparing for these big launches (by not making promises they can't keep).

8. 1981d macrumors regular

Don't be surprised if you fall In love with the gray. I'm staring to question if I really want to trade up :)

9. jmh0523 macrumors member

Never got my 32g gold AT&T one. Dude has been telling me he's expecting them this day, that day, this day, that day. Today was suppose to be a big shipment. Never got an email.

I placed an online order but probably will never get my phone until end of Oct or beginning of Nov.

Not sure if there's a faster way to get one. Also, the mobile Target dudes will kiss your butt because they get commission on you :)... Mine has been awesome too but makes all these stupid promises and even told me not to order online, lol.

10. user-name-here macrumors 65816

I put my name on 3 target reservation lists and still haven't receive a single call/email from a single one.

Got my 5s on launch day from BestBuy instead.

11. jmh0523 macrumors member

I figure best buy is a great option if you don't want a gold one. Hell does anyone know how to get a gold one without ordering online or paying up the nose for one?

12. kiyonepbs macrumors newbie

kiyonepbs

I had reserved my 16 gb gold 5s the day before launch day. The Target Mobile worker told me that I would receive a phone call as soon as the shipment came in.

I had a feeling they wouldn't carry through and decided to just order my 5S online at midnight via apple.com. I figured if Target Mobile did come through later that day on Friday, I would just cancel my apple.com order

Target Mobile never called me back. My gold 5s arrived at my house this Tuesday and it's awesome.

13. jmh0523 macrumors member

Don't remind me of how stupid I was to NOT do what you did lol.

14. TheGritmaster macrumors newbie

I reserved a 16GB Space Gray on the 16th and received a phone call on the 24th that my phone was in.

I had already received my 16GB space gray from AT&T on Monday that I ordered at 2:08CT Friday morning so I let it go. Hopefully my Target phone went into good hands.

15. kiyonepbs macrumors newbie

kiyonepbs

I don't think you were stupid, I just think we all have to learn to assume just one place isn't going to come through lol.

16. comper macrumors regular

This is not how it works. The exchange / return period is from the original purchase date.

However, you could technically fully return the phone and then buy the new one, but if you used an upgrade, then you won't be able to do that either after 14 days. If you do this at full retail price then you are really just taking advantage of the system and you will probably feel like a little foolish going back 2-3 times to do the same thing.

17. smokeyjoe14 macrumors newbie

I got on the list at 3 Targets and slept in on the 20th assuming the reps in the store knew what they were talking when he said that I would for sure have one on the 20th.

Well that didn't work, I never heard from any store. I got my Gold 32GB from Best Buy today and am LOVING it.

18. iMule macrumors 6502

Got a gold one waiting for me to pick up thanks to a lady that decided she didn't want it. I didn't even want gold, but now I'm preparing for lifestyle changes. #bling

19. Krissypantz2828 macrumors 6502a

Krissypantz2828

Anyone have any hopes for a reserve list on Best Buy? I am on the list and am hopeful it will come in another week or two. 32GB 5th on the list :)

20. 1981d macrumors regular

I just called Best Buy and they said that you do get a new return/ exchange period on each product you exchange. Not sure about Target but usually the box stores are similar.

21. joeshmo2010 macrumors 6502a

Might want to hold off on doing any returns or exchanges there for while, I wouldn't be surprised if you got the warning on the next one.

22. thecurryman macrumors 6502

well now that I have the gold i really dont plan on exchanging anymore