Waiting outside.. Won't tell me if they have stock

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mrfriggz, Jun 27, 2010.

1. mrfriggz macrumors member

So I showed up a few hours before the apple store Scottsdale, AZ store opens and they won't tell me if they have any iPhones. Just basically mocking me while I stand in the heat. I didn't know they were rude associates. Sigh I guess I'll wait another hour and a half and see..

2. Gryzor macrumors 6502a

What makes you think standing in line gives you the right to know what is and is not in stock?

3. iHalo macrumors regular

I was in that store yesterday. They told me they weren't getting shipments yesterday and they never receive shipments Sunday.

4. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

UPS and FedEx = no Sunday shipments.:eek: But if you stand outside loooooong enough they will get some iPhones in.:D

5. mrfriggz thread starter macrumors member

Interesting. Well then they are just letting me stand here. I asked a couple employees and just say they don't know. It just frustrates me because I have never been treated like this by apple. I am the only one out here, so just saying: sorry bud, try tomorrow morning. I don't expect special treatment and I know it's a hot item. But come on

6. Peabody macrumors regular

The Apple Store in Bridgeport Village (Tualatin, OR) did the exact same thing to me yesterday. Make me wait without indication of stock.

Once the doors opened they directed me to a mac with the "priority list" signup page loaded...

Good luck!

7. MassiveAttack macrumors 6502a

I'm so glad i preordered at best buy, I had a 6-24-2010 930am appointment as was out of there with my new iPhone 4 by 1020

8. Julien macrumors G4

Julien

It's very likely that Apple has rules about dealing with customers when the store the employee works at is not open.;)

9. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike

Maybe not a right but it's a normal question.

10. msduncan macrumors 6502

I think that's pretty poor customer service. If you are the only one in line, they could at least give you some information (especially how hot it is outside).

I swear -- for a company that likes to pretend they take care of their customers, Apple might be the worst in customer service.

11. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Well, I certainly don't think he has the "right" to know their stock but it's pretty lousy of them to make him wait without letting him know if they have one to sell him or not.

Just sayin'...

-Badger

12. Arran macrumors 601

Arran

That's pretty shoddy treatment. Ask to speak to the manager and see if you can make progress. The staff have probably been told not to reveal stock levels and are just following orders.

Orders which are reasonable in an air-conditioned mall, but not outside in the Arizona sun. Say you're going to email Steve: Everybody seems to be doing it these days.

BTW, If there's no stock, aren't the stores just taking names for a priority list now?

13. Built macrumors 68020

No doubt they are "over" it by now. Wouldn't you be?

That being said, it's a shame that Apple did not put a store inventory tool up on their website as they have for previous launches. I have my i4, but when I was purchasing my 2G and 3G, that tool was very useful as I waited a while after launch to purchase.

14. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Wow buddy, I sure as hell wouldn't hire you for anything.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Leave him alone. He wasn’t hugged as a child.:)

16. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

That'd be the only logical (and acceptable) explanation if you ask me.

I mean, jeez, I can't imagine the store people not knowing whether or not they have iPhone 4's in stock at the time they open the store. And if the company policy prohibits them from letting the cat out, they could at least be nicer to the sole customer who's willing to stand in front of the store an hour before it opens!

17. dulaney22 macrumors regular

Boy, these June 2010 guys just pile it on, don't they? Common courtesy man. I bought my iPad in Memphis and they did us the courtesy of telling the 100th guy in non-reserve that he probably wouldn't get one.

18. LimeyBastard macrumors regular

Take a quick peek at this dudes (Gryzor) posting history and you'll get a good idea of what he's up to.

Any updates OP? Fingers crossed although I wouldn't blame the employees at this point -- been a long weekend for them :)

19. myfoneisdank macrumors regular

haha but seriously though, there are people working at my local mcdonalds that wouldn't share that insane mindset towards customer service.

20. mrfriggz thread starter macrumors member

Update: Didn't have any in stock. Once I got in the store, I decided to politely vent to what looked like the store manager or assistant manager. He listened to me and apologized, but said that the people I asked hadn't clocked in yet (bs). I said that they could of came inside, checked for me, then ran outside to just let me know. He was nice, but really didn't seem to care. Offered to put me on the in-store reserve list (which I did).

Oh well. Sorry I came here to complain, but standing out in the nasty heat which our blue shirted friends basically stood in the store and probably laughed that I was standing there looking sad. I guess I was expecting superb customer service. Meh. I just want my damn phone. I finally got approval from my better half to go ahead with the purchase.

Thanks for "listening" lol...