Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
My Mac running OS 10.2.6 started doing something weird a few days ago. It will be running normal tasks with the monitor in Sleep and turn on the monitor suddenly. That's strange in itself, but then the Mac opens my user profile's Home directory in Finder several seconds later. If I do nothing, the system will return the monitor to Sleep. Perhaps the Mac is trying to show me something important?

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Very strange indeed. My Power Mac sometimes likes to wake up unexpectedly. :rolleyes: I used to think that it was static electricity, because went I would turn on my TV or plug in my Palm, it would go on. but that doesn't make to much sense now does it. :)

Sorry, I don't know what to tell you.

arogge

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 15, 2002
Tatooine
The Mac was hearing things. After some analysis of this strange behavior, I traced the input to the voice control, and sure enough, OS X was hearing "Go to my home directory." I explained to Mr. PowerMac that he was only hearing background noises, so everything is fine again. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.