Walden Galleria - Buffalo NY

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mrblack927, Jun 19, 2010.

1. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

Who's gonna be there? Who's hoping they will have some WHITE iPhone 4s for us?:confused::D

2. debus143 macrumors newbie

I will be there! Definitely hoping for a white iPhone :) One can hope!

3. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

4. dfwblah macrumors newbie

Where to line up to get into mall?

Hi. I will be in town on launch day from Dallas. Does anyone know what entrance to line up at pre-7:00 am? Also curious as to what your experience was with lines at the 3GS launch. Any other tips are appreciated. Thanks.

P.S. Does anyone know what the max # you can buy is? I would like to buy one as an upgrade for my wife, too, but she probably won't be able to accompany. It would be an upgrade and not a new line.

5. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

Probably the doors on the new addition around the corner from Forever 21. It's across the way from the parking ramp (not the ramp with all the restaurants). I didn't buy the 3GS, but I'd image the lines were short. People in Buffalo don't go crazy for new gadgets like those of New York, Chicago, etc.

I think you can buy 2.

6. dfwblah macrumors newbie

Thanks, Shannigan.

Thanks, Shannigan. Appreciate it. That's why I love vacationing in Buffalo, where my wife is from...very laid back, artifice-free city. Maybe I'll see you there.

7. dtlb182 macrumors newbie

I'll be there!

I was only able to make a reservation via apple's iPhone app. I'm kinda nervous that they didn't get my order. There have been so many issues with the orders that I'm not really counting on them to have a phone waiting for me. I must have trust issues.

8. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

9. rjdelmar macrumors newbie

i got a confirmation email and still feel the same way.

10. tomthemacman macrumors newbie

I'll be there around 6:30 or 7. Gotta try and get one before I head to work at 8 AM. iPhone 4 32GB. Can't wait! (neither can my girlfriend, she's getting my 3G ;))

11. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

I just received an email reminder to pick up my iPhone at the Apple store on the 24th.

12. kyleaa macrumors regular

What time is everyone planning on showing up? I'm thinking 6ish, but idk

13. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

Probably 6.45

My phone is reserved so I'm in no rush.

14. rjdelmar macrumors newbie

i was thinking about showing up at around 7. i can't imagine there would be a really long line in buffalo...but ya never know...

15. kyleaa macrumors regular

Haha yeah. For the iPad they opened at 9AM and I showed up around 8 and was amazed at the line - I think about 50% of it was Canadians showing up to buy it since it wasnt available internationally though. They also flew through those lines - there were at least 100 people in line ahead of me and I was out by 9:15.

The iPhone sale process requires a bit more work, so I imagine lines will be a bit slower, but hey, who knows?

I have a couple friends going with me so I don't mind the hanging out early :).

16. rjdelmar macrumors newbie

ah yes i forgot about those damn Canadians. what time are you planning on going?

17. kyleaa macrumors regular

Probably in the 6ish range. I don't know what time the Mall will open. I know they are open at 7AM for people to walk.

I can't imagine that there would be too many Canadians since you can't purchase the phone without signing up for AT&T service.

18. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

I don't think the mall opens until like 10; I hope at least one food place is open.

19. Gadget Chief macrumors member

Has anyone had experience lining up before? where does the line form?

20. Slevin macrumors regular

Yeah I second that, where does the line form and what door are we using to get into the building

21. tomthemacman macrumors newbie

The doors that will open will be the mall entrance between Sears and Forever 21, according to the people at the Apple store. There will be separate lines for both the reservation holders and the non-holders. They're also expecting enough for all of us who have reservations, so I don't think you'd have to worry about rushing on in. (I will anyways though, just for the hell of it.)

22. Gadget Chief macrumors member

ok thanks

I dont have a pre-order. Is it worth it to come early and try to snag one? how early would i have to show up!?

23. Slevin macrumors regular

Don't know, I have a pre order and I plan on getting there by 6-6:30

24. Gadget Chief macrumors member

Yea, no reservation here, but cant see myself showing up much earlier than 6 or 630.

How have previous launches gone there? I saw the ipad line and it looked long and slow :(

25. kyleaa macrumors regular

The reservation line for the ipad went really fast, the non-reservation one was slower. I haven't been to any iPhone launches though - they will definitely move slower because of the activation.