Walked in Best Buy Walked out with a Series 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by lgreenberg, Sep 25, 2016.

1. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

I didn't pre-order a series 2 and had been kicking myself over not doing it. I've been checking Apple.com multiple times a day trying to reserve one with no luck and finally was resigned on just waiting a few weeks for stores to get better stock.

After reading a post on Reddit about some Best Buy locations have stock I decided to pay my local store a visit.

So here's what happened to me today...

I went to my local Best Buy right when it opened. The first sales person I approached was total tool, completely unhelpful and a bit of a know it all. I asked if they had any series 2 watches in stock. Two which he replied, "no Best Buys anywhere in the country have them in stock." I chuckled and said, well I know for a fact that's not true. I asked him to check in the back and he assured me they had nothing. He basically shrugged me off and said "I don't care if you believe me or not."

Before leaving I tracked down a more helpful looking salesperson who agreed to check for me. He looked on the computer and did confirm they had no stock of series 2 models. However, he did inform me that another store 15 miles away did. They even had the exact model I wanted (42mm SS with Milanese Loop.) 3 in fact as well as some other SS models as well.

I called the second store and was placed on hold while the associate went to confirm they had it. She came back and said they did not. I told her that the computer said they had 3 available but she said no they didn't.

Not five minutes later my cell phone rang and it was another associate from the second store telling me she'd found the watch I wanted and would be happy to place it on hold for me. Somehow she found my number via caller ID and called me back. Nice customer service Best Buy - something that's usually rare.

20 minutes later I had my new watch, and tax-free since I had to travel over the PA boarder into DE to get it.

Win!!!

Attached Files:

2. mikzn macrumors 6502

mikzn