Walking dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
The Far Horizon
Um. My original question (with, perhaps, a few modifications) still stands.

What is this (from the context, I suspect a TV show), why is it discussed, and, more importantly, why is this discussion located in PRSI? My motivation is mere curiosity....as it is something I have never, ever, even heard of......

Nov 28, 2010
located
Um. My original question (with, perhaps, a few modifications) still stands.

What is this (from the context, I suspect a TV show), why is it discussed, and, more importantly, why is this discussion located in PRSI? My motivation is mere curiosity....as it is something I have never, ever, even heard of......
The Walking Dead is a graphic novel series about a troupe of different people led by a sheriff after a Zombie outbreak.
AMC, the network behind Breaking Bad and Mad Men, is currently providing a TV series after that novel, and the fourth season is continuing today after a half season break.
For more information look for "The Walking Dead".

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Funny considering the anti war left only had the brains to act while a republican was in office. :D
Which is just as funny, considering that a Republican armed those who would come to attack us.

BL.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Which is just as funny, considering that a Republican armed those who would come to attack us.

BL.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/20/kuhner-how-obama-arms-al-qaeda/
STORY TOPICS
War_Conflict
Politics
Syria
al Qaeda
Bashar Al-Assad

FOLLOW US ONfacebookFACEBOOKQUESTION OF THE DAY
Will the U.S. win the most gold medals by the end of the 2014 Winter Olympics?

Yes

No

Undecided

Other
Login to Vote
View results
President Obama has crossed a moral red line. Recently, he did the unthinkable: He announced that the U.S. government would directly arm terrorist groups in Syria.
Mr. Obama said that he would waive a federal law designed to prevent weapons from being sent to designated-terrorist organizations. In particular, the president cited a provision in the Arms Export Control Act that enables him to provide assistance to outlawed groups, provided it is “essential to the national security interests of the United States.” Mr. Obama’s actions may be legal, but they are reckless, dangerous and will haunt America for years to come.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/sep/20/kuhner-how-obama-arms-al-qaeda/#ixzz2sx9JG4FD
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Obama is a republican? He us the one arming the enemy.
Let's take a trip down memory lane in this section of the forum. From a much older thread in this forum:

bradl said:
WAM2 said:
Well the thread is anti-republican and I'm a Proud Republican, and its true, People dont like us because of small mistakes that we make, but Obama has made HUGE mistakes and so many other Democrat presidents have to, I Dont know of one major failure/mistake by a republican president, and dont say the Iraq War because Their people were in trouble and We went and helped them and they thank us, Then the war with Al queida, Why wouldn't we be at war with them, they attacked us and thats a declaration of war, and we were not going to let that stand.
Let's see where to begin with how many things are wrong with this post. Let's see... Ah! I got it.

Republicans made small mistakes? Let's go deep into that, and to do so, let's take a little trip through history. See, you're 16. That means that you were all of 5 years old when the last Republican President was in office. You would not have known of what happened during the previous Republican's Presidency, nor the one before that and the one before that. So let's start with the first one: Ronald Reagan, from 1980 - 1988. Let's see what 'small mistakes' he and his lot made.

1981. Soviets invade Afghanistan. Guess who supplied the Afghans, and more importantly, the group that became Al Qaeda, with weapons? Yep! We did, under Reagan's call in the mid-1980s via Operation Cyclone. The cost: between $30 million and $630 million per year, between 1980 and 1987. Guess Who was at the forefront of that group in 1983? You got it! Osama bin Laden.

How does it feel to be a proud member of the party who armed the very people who would come to attack us on September 11, 2011?

Also, guess who sold weapons to Iran? the same Iran who was using such weapons to crack down on their Arab Spring? You guessed it! Ronald Reagan. Iran-Contra.
History doesn't seem to agree with you. Oh. One final to question from us 'anti war lefties': Who got bin Laden?

<Sam_Kenison>
Say it. Say it!!!!!
</Sam_Kenison>

:D

BL.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Let's take a trip down memory lane in this section of the forum. From a much older thread in this forum:

History doesn't seem to agree with you. Oh. One final to question from us 'anti war lefties': Who got bin Laden?

<Sam_Kenison>
Say it. Say it!!!!!
</Sam_Kenison>

:D

BL.
just posted the links, Obama is doing the SAME THING the republitards did decades ago.

and a Seal team got OBL.
who has continued to make NEW war conflicts? that would be Obama. :D

your "thread" shows the republican arming what BECAME AL-QUEDA BEFORE they were out enemy, mine show Obama arming al-queda NOW, KNOWING that they ARE our enemy.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
just posted the links, Obama is doing the SAME THING the republitards did decades ago.

and a Seal team got OBL.
who has continued to make NEW war conflicts? that would be Obama. :D

your "thread" shows the republican arming what BECAME AL-QUEDA BEFORE they were out enemy, mine show Obama arming al-queda NOW, KNOWING that they ARE our enemy.
Washington Times? The same Washington Times that Reagan was said to read every day? The same Washington Times that is a veritable who's who of conservatives, including a speechwriter for Bush?

How about reporting this with a non-biased source, then we'll argue its validity.

BL.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
Washington Times? The same Washington Times that Reagan was said to read every day? The same Washington Times that is a veritable who's who of conservatives, including a speechwriter for Bush?

How about reporting this with a non-biased source, then we'll argue its validity.

BL.
sure, how is CNN? (Clinton News Network)

http://www.cnn.com/2013/07/23/politics/us-syrian-rebels/
Washington (CNN) -- Reluctant approval from Congress for providing military support to Syrian rebels allows the Obama administration to move forward with plans first announced almost six weeks ago.
White House spokesman Jay Carney told reporters on Tuesday that the goal of the military aid expected to include small arms, ammunition and perhaps anti-tank weapons is to keep the Syrian opposition going against forces aligned with President Bashar al-Assad's regime.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/10/opinion/bergen-al-qaeda-syria/
Syria rebel group's dangerous tie to al Qaeda
(CNN) -- On Tuesday, al Qaeda's affiliate in Iraq announced that it had merged with the Syrian opposition group Jabhat al-Nusra to form the "Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant."
more?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/13/obama-syrian-rebels_n_3438625.html

WASHINGTON — President Barack Obama has authorized sending weapons to Syrian rebels for the first time, U.S. officials said Thursday, after the White House disclosed that the United States has conclusive evidence President Bashar Assad's government used chemical weapons against opposition forces trying to overthrow him.

Obama has repeatedly said the use of chemical weapons would cross a "red line," suggesting it would trigger greater American intervention in the two-year crisis

lannister80

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2009
Chicagoland
Reluctant approval from Congress for providing military support to Syrian rebels allows the Obama administration to move forward with plans first announced almost six weeks ago.
That's funny, I could have SWORN there was at least one house of the US Legislature (which approved this) that's controlled by the GOP...

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
That's funny, I could have SWORN there was at least one house of the US Legislature (which approved this) that's controlled by the GOP...
the Nobel peace prize winner has the final say, but to be clear; ALL who went along with it should be charged with TREASON.:D

LOVED Maddow here

Last edited:

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
the Nobel peace prize winner has the final say, but to be clear; ALL who went along with it should be charged with TREASON.:D
You want to bring up Treason? Let's go to the source for it, shall we?

Article III said:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

The Congress shall have power to declare the Punishment of Treason, but no Attainder of Treason shall work Corruption of Blood, or Forfeiture except during the Life of the Person attainted.
Who is our enemy in Syria? The government? We sure as hell haven't given anything to Assad. The Rebels? Do they or do they not deserve aid after getting blown away in their uprising? The innocents, who for the past 2 years have been scavenging off of scraps in war torn buildings? Do they or do they not deserve aid?

If you really want to talk about Treason and your definition of it, Reagan shouldn't have made it out of 1986 as POTUS, as he sold weapons to Iran, an enemy of ours, whom we had under an embargo for 7 years prior, when they revolted against the Shah.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
You want to bring up Treason? Let's go to the source for it, shall we?

Who is our enemy in Syria? The government? We sure as hell haven't given anything to Assad. The Rebels? Do they or do they not deserve aid after getting blown away in their uprising? The innocents, who for the past 2 years have been scavenging off of scraps in war torn buildings? Do they or do they not deserve aid?

If you really want to talk about Treason and your definition of it, Reagan shouldn't have made it out of 1986 as POTUS, as he sold weapons to Iran, an enemy of ours, whom we had under an embargo for 7 years prior, when they revolted against the Shah.
put your deflection shields on full didn't you, al-queda is the enemy, we are arming that enemy, all those involved should be in JAIL. if you want to go back in time & nail Reagan by all means go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.