Walmart is so bass-ackwards

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by protobiont, Sep 14, 2012.

1. protobiont macrumors 6502a

Since my apple.com preorder slipped to "ships in 2 weeks", I went to the nearby Walmart to see about their pre-order process. Despite all the news coverage saying they would have preorders (at a discount no less) starting at 8AM today, no one in my store knew anything about it.

I can't say I'm surprised, but you'd think that something that is making national papers would at least be communicated to employees.

Just thought I'd share.

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I wouldn't even bother with walmart...I feel like they only get about 10 devices at most.

3. protobiont thread starter macrumors 6502a

Agreed, just figured it be worth a shot, since it was only 5 minutes from my office. If I was able to reserve one - then lucky me...

4. b166er macrumors 68020

b166er

I won't defend Walmart but I have to say its very possible the news ran with a story that wasn't true.

Where I work this happens almost weekly. Something is on tv, people come to me asking about it and it's 100% wrong.

Good chance Walmart just sucks though.

5. flamingoezz macrumors member

same experience for me...associate had no idea..managers got memo's but hadn't read yet. they didn't even have the cards you purchase to reserve..so basically i put my name on a list.

im first, so IF they do get a 32GB white verizon phone, ill get it..i would say that is about a 10% chance considering a previous poster is right, they will likely get around 10 phones, spanning 2 colors, 3 storage sizes and possibly 3 carriers.

a friend who works for verizon said that in the past 2 iphone launches, they didn't sell out until the second day, so i may just try my luck there on my lunch break that friday

6. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Yeah, I had called my Walmart last night and they had no idea. I ended up waking up to preorder. Now it's on Walmart's website. Oh wells.

7. flamingoezz macrumors member

can't preorder through the site though...it tells you to go into the store to do so

8. Btrthnezr3 macrumors 6502a

Btrthnezr3

Yeah I know...it wasn't on the site yesterday afternoon so I called my store to confirm and they had no clue. So I didn't want to deal with it. I would have had to call in late to work which is a pain in the ask.

9. UHFrank macrumors member

UHFrank