Walmart Preorders

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sb61g2, Sep 20, 2012.

1. sb61g2 macrumors newbie

Anyone have any news? I'm the first name on the $25 preorder list for my local Walmart, but none of the Communications Center associates seemed to think they'd be receiving any on launch day.

Searching for recent news led to this:

"Walmart (19205 SR 410): Walmart has ordered the iPhone 5 but it got pushed back and there is no word yet on when they will be in. That goes for all Walmart stores, an employee said."

http://bonneylake-sumner.patch.com/articles/where-to-buy-the-iphone-5-near-bonney-lake-and-sumner

Unsubstantiated, but still discouraging. Anyone hear anything else from their local stores?

2. IpadMania macrumors regular

all the sams club reserves are getting screwed also...no iphone 5 units showing up tomorrow

3. jeff657756 macrumors newbie

I work at Target and had one preordered but it seems that we didnt receive any iphones at all. The mobile guy said that the shipment just "didnt show up". :confused:

4. expertzero macrumors newbie

sams is getting the iphone

just limited stock

for example, 1 color 1 carrier.

5. Bswartz95 macrumors 6502

Bswartz95

My local Walmart told me that they have Verizon 16gb in both black and white. One question I forgot to ask was if they will sell at full retail price so I can keep my unlimited data? No one will answer the phone now. Haha.

Anyone have knowledge of this?

6. academianut macrumors newbie

Also looking for Walmart News

Hi friends,

I was second to preorder my iPhone 5 at a Walmart. Other than a handful of threads here at MacRumors, I haven't seen anything official. I do know that Walmart's chat service and 800 number are useless. I have heard various rumors of delays, but haven't seen anything official. The person ahead of me in the preorder queue said Walmart told him it was on backorder and would be arrive in 2 weeks.

Has anyone else heard anything more substantial?

7. AznTakumi macrumors regular

All the walmarts I called siad they have no idea when the order will come it. Walmarts gets iphones from apple into there warehouses then they are distributed and sent to the stories. My walmart said to call back Monday just to see because they get deliveries from UPS.

8. glitternarwhal macrumors member

glitternarwhal

The best thing I can say for people to do is to call your local Walmart and ask to check the stock. I work in the electronics/phone department and we didn't get any shipment at all. Not only that, we really don't know when phones come in, as they come from FedEx.

I was wanting to preorder, but it seems like the preorder is only for 2 year contracts, apparently. I'm just hoping that they have some in stock on Thursday. I've been ansty about this phone. Lol

9. crackintosh macrumors member

Why do you say thursday, why not monday or tuesday?

10. glitternarwhal macrumors member

glitternarwhal

Because I don't get paid until Thursday. Lol