Walmart Wants To Test A Drone Delivery Service

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by steve knight, Oct 27, 2015.

1. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

I can't even imagine this walmart can't even stock its selves or if you order something online trying to get someone to get it for you when you go into the store.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...rvices_562e8c54e4b06317990ef8df?utm_hp_ref=tw

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Drones will never deliver products to consumers.

3. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Walmart has faded back into a followers position. Unfamiliar and unknown territory for them, especially since they're out to squash Amazon.

No matter what one thinks of Amazon, they are both the present and future of commerce. Yes... Commerce (e-commerce over) large scale retailers of consumer goods that wish to be relevant and successful must no longer think e-commerce as a side business.

Amazon is a very scrappy focused fighter wisely out making things happen in a thin margin market sector with lots of distractors. Make no mistake Jeff is on top of his game.

4. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

never say never, I would say maybe in 15-30 years from now.

5. dec. Suspended

dec.

6. FieldingMellish Suspended

We didn't see the BTTF levitating skateboard in 2015. So why think we'll see a drone then? ;)

7. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Drones could fill certainjust-in-time delivery niches, say getting a kidney to a hospital or an vital component to a manufacturer. However, unmanned ground vehicles will become widespread before drones. I can easily picture an unmanned UPS truck stopping in front of my house in ten years or less.

8. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

How would an unmanned UPS truck get the package from the truck to your door? Although I guess it might be a more efficient use of drones for delivery if they take the package from the unmanned truck to your door instead of going back to a warehouse after each delivery.

9. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

Just like they do now throw it.

10. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Robots.

11. FieldingMellish Suspended

May Walmart meant how they're going to deliver drones to those who purchased them?

12. CalWizrd Suspended

CalWizrd

Why the hell would you start a thread in PRSI with this as a topic? Or do you consider anything concerning Walmart to be so controversial as to belong here?

Rather silly, but I guess you just can't help yourself.

13. steve knight thread starter Suspended

steve knight

More habbiit really should have went back one level but it was too late. It is more of a joke then anything else.

14. uid15 Suspended

uid15

15. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Despite what's been reported. I highly doubt the FAA is setting drone regulations ONLY for the purpose of safety. I think we will see drone deliveries in limited form in several years.

16. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

The UPS app on your iPhone pings and displays a QC code, you walk out to the truck and scan your code. A little door opens and out pops your parcel. Or something like that.

17. Meister Suspended

Meister

mexicans

18. chown33 macrumors 604

Mexiquitos?