wan to see all my ios apps in itunes from all my devices

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sossity, Dec 7, 2014.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I am noticing that when I view my apps in itunes, that not all of the apps I have on my different devices are showing up on itunes on my desktop. Ie; some apps on my ipad, show up on itunes on my desktop, but others on the ipad do not.

I would like to have an overview and see all the ios and desktop apps I have, I do have 2 different apple ids, and i know that it is not possible to merge them, but what I would like to do is get all my apps together under just one of my apple ids. Most of them were free ones, so I could make note of the ones I have from my other apple id, and reacquire them under my main apple id.

Is this possible?

2. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Backing up each device should mean all Apps are transferred if not already on that iTunes.

AppleID's is different, you would need to re-aquire any Apps missing from whichever AppleID you decide to run with, whether paid or not...

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

thank you for this, how do i backup all apps from all my devices into itunes, so I can install any of them onto new devices?

4. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

When you connect any device and back it up, it should ask you if you want to transfers any apps not in iTunes on the Mac, once you have transferred them they should be available to any other device under the same AppleID/iTunes accounts.

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

If not, you can do this from File > Devices > Transfer Purchases.