Wanna stop protestors who risk numerous lives by blocking highways for their narcissism?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by thermodynamic, Sep 24, 2016.

1. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

http://controversialtimes.com/insta...o-shut-down-highway-police-charge-protestors/

Especially when children's lives don't matter,

http://www.allenbwest.com/matt-palu...when-ambulance-tries-to-come-through-and-then

The protest movement officially became a farce on that day.

The answer is simple: Enforce jaywalking laws, which would be more lucrative than speeding tickets thanks to volume sales of tickets. Or causing a public disturbance, which a lot of people do on roads during election year and their actions DO result in accidents and injuries and THEY need to be held accountable.

Enough is enough.

Besides, if lives mattered there would be value for work instead of treating workers as disposable commodities. Any economy is at the heart of a society since an economy dictates how people ultimately are treated and that affects black people, white people, brown people, green people, spotted people, what the hell happened to simply "people"?????

2. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Giuliani had it right.....line up the school buses and start loading these losers up. they have no right to block public roads, loot stores or attack others. scum bags. I would bet 1/3 of them are playing tough and would run home, and many others are likely going to have warrants, drugs or weapons, etc. on them that would further solidify their situation. why on earth we tolerate such BS Is beyond me.

3. thats all folks macrumors 6502a

thats all folks

the blocking of access to public roads for personal/political gain should not be tolerated? what's your take on New Jersey's commander in large?

4. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

5. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

In Hussein's world they're "Protesters"

In the Real World... they're "Rioters, Thugs, Criminals and Social Degenerates"

Bring back Law and Order.

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Then you'll still have riots and even less respect for the police.

7. Limey77 macrumors regular

It's posts like this and those that support it that highlights just how important BLM is.

8. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Depends on your definition. I don't consider actively preventing others from exercising their rights as free speech.

Say what you feel but also respect other people's rights.

9. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Still have riots... sure, they've existed for decades.

Less respect for police... Only in Hussein's world. A highly nefarious person mistakenly elected, who worships the "religion of peace". The one that supports beheadings and other "acts of love".
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---
    The Bureau of Land Management does a pretty good job.

10. zin macrumors 6502

No it doesn't. The First Amendment does not protect speech that is accompanied by a violation of some other established law, for instance trespass or obstruction of a highway.

11. Limey77 macrumors regular

I bet Cliven Bundy and his ilk would strongly disagree with you, but I don't. Both of the BLMs do a great and valuable job.

12. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Respectfully... I wonder how much you know about BLM (not the land management BLM).

I don't pretend to be an expert, simply one who does the research via sources on both sides.

The mindset of that group/movement is awfully radical.

13. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

No it doesn't. Pedestrians on the highway are in violation of the law and should be arrested.

14. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Perhaps in your country.

15. Limey77 macrumors regular

It's only "radical" to the alt-right and white supremacists. I may not agree with all of their actions but their aims and goals I fully support.

Sometimes as Nelson Mandela (one of the greatest men of the 20th century) showed, you need to resort to violence just to be heard.

16. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So you are against the Iraq war protests (which blocked streets) and Occupy Wall Street (which blocked streets) and the Umbrella protestors (which blocked streets) and Ghandi's protests (which blocked streets) and the ANC in South Africa who blocked streets.

I presume you also don't support the Tube strikes which stop people getting to work, etc. etc.

17. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Your right to protest doesn't mean that I can't exercise my right to travel.

18. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Yes it does. That's how protests and civil disobedience works.

19. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

You sound like you don't realize that protesters are aware they may face legal consequences for their actions.

20. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Protests should let ambulances through however.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 24, 2016 ---
    I presume when President Hilary elects urban liberals to the Supreme Court, you'll be against any pro-second amendment protests that occur and block streets etc.

21. zin macrumors 6502

All of those protesters were liable for their actions. I am not against any protester choosing to protest wherever they want. But I'm also not against them being prosecuted if they do it whilst obstructing a highway or trespassing.

Labour strikes are different, I support the right of workers to strike, but they have to face the consequences of those actions, if any. Unrelated, all of the Tube trains should be computerised at this point. We're so behind the transit systems of places like China or South Korea.

22. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So you support the British Empires actions against Ghandi, wow.

So you're a Tory! I knew it.

23. zin macrumors 6502

I voted Labour at the last election and unashamedly say no to the overpriced Tube drivers when technology could afford us a much better service. Next time they strike the Army should be brought in to drive the trains and leave the drivers to negotiate. We'll see how quickly they get back to work.

24. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Black lives matter: "Black people need jobs in urban neighborhoods to get out of crime and poverty"

*Blocks people from getting to work*

25. zin macrumors 6502

If they obstruct a highway and prevent people from getting to work, can they be sued in civil court for the loss of wages?

If an ambulance is blocked from reaching its patient, can the protesters be sued for wrongful injury, or even wrongful death, caused by the delay in obtaining medical attention?

Somebody should take this idea up immediately.