Want a gun? Take a bullet:

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
lets go to the other side of crazy. though I do agree if bullets were 5000.00 each the problem would be solved.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/16/want_a_gun_take_a_bullet_new_rule_before_you_pack_heat_you_will_know_what_it_feels_like_to_be_shot/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

As a teen I watched Chris Rock brilliantly address America’s gun problem during his Bigger and Blacker stand up. “We don’t need gun control,” Rock pleaded to a packed house, “We need bullet control––if bullets were $5000, people would think before they shot some one! You gotta really piss someone off for them to dump $50,000 worth of bullets in to you!” And just like the crowd, my brother, some friends and I erupted in laughter.

Rock was definitely on point, $5000 bullets would be great but I’d take it a step further––I believe that being shot should be requirement for gun ownership in America. It’s very simple. You need to have gun, like taking selfies with pistols, can’t live with out it? Then take a bullet and you will be granted the right to purchase the firearm of your choice.

If we could successfully implement this rule, I guarantee the mass shootings will stop. Watching cable news now in days makes me physically ill. Week in and week out we are forced to learn about another coward, who can’t stand to deal with the same rejection that most of us face–– so they strap themselves with guns and then cock and spray at innocent people. Heartbroken survivors and family member images go viral, as our elected officials remain clueless.

sodapop1

Suspended
Sep 7, 2014
Nice theoretical argument but I doubt it would actually solve anything. Just like prohibition, lots of people would start manufacturing their own bullets and selling them on the black market.

Reactions: hulugu

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget

Suspended
Sep 22, 2007
Wouldn't stop a thing. The black market would simply include ammunition, and the criminals that would have it would be all that more powerful.

See Mexican Cartels for examples.

Reactions: jkcerda

Renzatic

Suspended
Nice theoretical argument but I doubt it would actually solve anything. Just like prohibition, lots of people would start manufacturing their own bullets and selling them on the black market.
Yup. Compared to the whole gun, bullets aren't THAT hard to make. If we were to up the price on them as a means to control gun violence, it'd mean we'd also have to put restrictions on some metals, and chemical components that can be used to make gunpowder, and...

It'd be difficult to manage, and would only serve to, as you said, open up a black market for the materials.

Reactions: jkcerda

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
Wouldn't stop a thing. The black market would simply include ammunition, and the criminals that would have it would be all that more powerful.

See Mexican Cartels for examples.
Well see them taking a bullet is a better way.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
Disarming the law abiding does not fix anything
It does stop criminals from stealing their guns so they can use them in a future shooting. Plus many of the people who carry out mass shootings were law abiding up to that point.

As to the OP's suggestion bullets are significantly easier to make than guns. Because of that they would run into the same problem as banning plants because they can be used as drugs, people will just make them at home to sell.

jkcerda

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2013
Criminal Mexi Midget
It does stop criminals from stealing their guns so they can use them in a future shooting. Plus many of the people who carry out mass shootings were law abiding up to that point.

As to the OP's suggestion bullets are significantly easier to make than guns. Because of that they would run into the same problem as banning plants because they can be used as drugs, people will just make them at home to sell.
this is America, you can buy pot/meth/coke/ak 47's and any gun you wish thanks to the cartels, the guns from the fast & furious fiasco made it back inside the U.S. we have a porous border & criminals that are more than happy to supply what ever you wish.

Reactions: maxsix

Renzatic

Suspended
this is America, you can buy pot/meth/coke/ak 47's and any gun you wish thanks to the cartels, the guns from the fast & furious fiasco made it back inside the U.S. we have a porous border & criminals that are more than happy to supply what ever you wish.
You're right on the border, so you see far more cartel action than other states do in the country. Their gunrunning operations don't extend much beyond the southwest.

And we make our own meth here. :mad:

WarHeadz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2015
Long Beach, California
Taking away guns and murdering babies aka abortion are all topics the powerful elite Dems want in order to control the masses. Plain and simple.
Lol. Tinfoil hat alert. Anytime someone uses the term "control the masses" you automatically lose your argument. Also, your abortion argument makes literally zero sense.

1. Abortion is a constitutional right, as much as your guns. Don't like it? Amend the constitution or elect a bunch of right wing extremists to the Supreme Court, has nothing to do with Democrats.

2. How does allowing women choice over their bodies correlate to controlling the masses?

3. Aborted fetuses aren't babies. They aren't people. You may believe they are, but here in the real world they're not.

Sheesh. What a bunch of right wing mind pollution.