Want to add a Picture onto a Video, iMovie

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by esadb, Sep 8, 2010.

1. esadb macrumors 65816

esadb

So i found this video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOqx7HCwZI8

Its one where a person places Chuck Norris' picture besides an iPhone 4 and the signal goes up, and when its removed it goes down.

What id like to do is as the person slides that picture into the video i would want to put a picture a friend of mine so it looks like its his picture. Now this doesnt have to be perfect by any means but just basically cover Chuck Norris' picture.

I tried playing around in iMovie but i couldnt figure out how to do it or if its even possible to do?

Could someone person help me out?

2. BitterB macrumors member

Use transparent background image

Esadb,

You can create this effect by taking your friend's image, placing it on a transparent backdrop, then importing your new image into a picture in picture window for insert into your movie. I have accomplished this in similar fashion for arrows and circles I have placed as overlays on top of video.

You will need a picture type program (photoshop or pixelmator) to clean up the background of you friend's picture, change it to transparent, and save it as a .png file. This is then the picture you can insert into the picture-in-picture frame within iMovie.

Good luck.