Want to be able to video using rear camera yet see what’s being recorded

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
so I want to use my iPhone as a video camera for YouTube vids. Right now I need to keep recording and checking if I’m in focus or centred in the frame etc. I was wondering if there was an app or a way to be able to use my iPad let’s say, to be able to monitor myself from infront of the camera.

iSayBoourns

Suspended
Sep 15, 2017
Probably not the best answer (as I don’t know of any other way) but you can actually use an Apple Watch for this. Using the camera app on the watch will act as a viewfinder for the iPhones camera, plus control it too (IE take a photo, start recording)

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
so I want to use my iPhone as a video camera for YouTube vids. Right now I need to keep recording and checking if I’m in focus or centred in the frame etc. I was wondering if there was an app or a way to be able to use my iPad let’s say, to be able to monitor myself from infront of the camera.
Filmic Pro has a companion app called Filmic Remote. It's exactly what you think it is.

elvtnedge

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2007
Probably not the best answer (as I don’t know of any other way) but you can actually use an Apple Watch for this. Using the camera app on the watch will act as a viewfinder for the iPhones camera, plus control it too (IE take a photo, start recording)
LOL not what I waned to hear but very interesting as I didn’t know this. Surprised you can use the iPad in the same way
[doublepost=1508616022][/doublepost]
Filmic Pro has a companion app called Filmic Remote. It's exactly what you think it is.
Looks interesting, will have to check into this. Wish they had a trial to see if it’s what I’m looking for.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2009
LOL not what I waned to hear but very interesting as I didn’t know this. Surprised you can use the iPad in the same way
[doublepost=1508616022][/doublepost]
Looks interesting, will have to check into this. Wish they had a trial to see if it’s what I’m looking for.
wWatch some videos on line. FilmicPro is a superior camera app any way and it integrates with the DJI Osmo so you can even control the camera movement (if you have one.)

Filmic remote lets you use an iPad, iPod touch or another iPhone to control ALL the settings of the camera (remotely) and you can see whats happening on the screen.