Want to buy 4S @ unsub price for $650, but..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by phillyred79, Oct 14, 2011.

1. phillyred79 macrumors regular

I have a few questions..
    1) I'm going to buy the AT&T version and would like to use my iPad sim card to test it out- obviously I will have no voice, but this is definitely possible to do right?
    2) If I do decide I like it and sign a contract with AT&T for 2yrs will I get it for the subsidized price of $200 (meaning I get a refund)? And, can I port over my current phone number that I have with Sprint?
    3) Long shot, but my sim card for my iPad is one of the unlimited plans- would it be possible to just add voice to this data account and pay the extra monthly voice fees?
    4) If I don't like the 4S, I believe I have 14 days to return it to the Apple Store right?

Thanks in advance!

2. jctevere macrumors 6502

Why don't you just buy it at the subsidized price and try it out. You have 30 days to return it at apple (at least that is what it was with the iPhone 4) but it is definitely at least 15 days... I'm not sure that you can add voice to the iPad unlimited data. I don't think this is possible, but worth a call to AT&T to check out.

The whole point of the 30 day return period is to be able to return the phone hassle free if you don't like it with no extra charges. You can port over your number from sprint too. Plus, I doubt you will be returning the iPhone 4S... Trust me.

3. LoganT macrumors 68020

You could wait till next month and buy the unlocked one for $650.

4. phillyred79 thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your answers guys! Yeah, I might as well save the money and do it on contract for $200 and not be out too much for 30 days. IF I don't love AT&T or the 4S; at the end of 30 days all I owe is monthly data/voice charge correct?

I'm probably gonna keep my sprint account for my EVO just so I can compare and contrast the two networks around my area and daily routine, but will it be possible at some point when I decide to switch over to the iPhone permanently to port my old Sprint number?

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

1) no. The phone has to be activated with a phone number to use. After that you could do what your asking, but it has to be activated first.
    2) I don't know, but I doubt it. I don't think you can sign a 2 year after buying a phone and get a discount then...perhaps you could talk them in to giving it to you as credit toward your bill
    3) I suppose if you got the right cs rep they might let you tack unlimited data onto your voice account, but the chances of that are slim to none
    4) it may actually be 30, but yes, 14 at least

6. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I would think so, but ask at AT&T to be sure (i.e. if you want a factual reply, not an opinion :eek:)