Want to buy a monitor for home office.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dog24, Mar 17, 2008.

1. dog24 macrumors member

I know there have been tons of threads about this, however, I am planning on purchasing a new 24" monitor for home, since I work at home, then it's for work too. What I am going to use it for:

1. Some graphic design for my web sites, so no, I am not a professional designed, which means I do not need super colorful monitor.
    2. I want to hook it up to my MacBook.
    3. I want to be able to play games with PS3 ( gonna get that one soon ).

I've done my research and now I am very confused, I wish I didn't research, that way I would of just about the first one.

Dell 2407WFP-HC
    Dell 2408WFP - very doubtful, as I have heard that it has input lag, so not good for PS3 games?
    BenQ 24" FP241W
    I heard some LG's and Samsungs are good also, but I do not know their models.

The price range is between those, maybe extra $100 is fine. So now I am very confused and I don't really know what is the best bang for the buck, any help would be great.

Oh, yeah, I am from Europe, so some models you might recommend might not be here.

Thanks in advance!

2. mankar4 macrumors 6502a

mankar4

I have the 2407wfp, and I do not have any complaints. It is absolutely wonderful. Rich, detailed, and better colors than my mbp screen. Also has a plethora of inputs, and is a USB 2.0 hub. do you have any specific questions?

3. dog24 thread starter macrumors member

Well, you can't connect PS3 with HDMI, because there is no input right, what if I buy that, will I be able to enjoy full HD through some other input...?

4. RedTomato macrumors 68040

RedTomato

I am faced with the exact same question except that I'm planning to buy TWO of them for the office.

Can anyone direct us to any reviews of the Dell 2408 as it seems to have been out for a while, but I can't find any reviews of it.

Thanks

RedTomato

5. dog24 thread starter macrumors member

Well, I've read about it, and it seems it is very good, but like I said, it has lag issues, and it is very noticeable in games. That's the main flaw that is still keeping me from buying that one.

6. dog24 thread starter macrumors member

Well, I decided to go with Dell 2408WFP, though it will be delivered in 3 weeks. )=

7. dog24 thread starter macrumors member

So there goes my dell 2408wfp, umm, they've sent me 2 monitors which were with defects, so now they can't give me that one because they're out of stock, lol, they offered me 2707wfp for the same price but I refused as there is no HDMI and the resolution is the same.

Now I am looking for the BenQ FP241W or Z, or are there any other solutions?
    Thanks. Are those BenQ's any good?